Kennel And Run Ideas

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My setup

very proud of mine ,can wash their bedding while walking them.

Mine.like being said make sure you have good drainage.

Posted Images

thats tidier than some kennels ive seen over the years lol
Thinking of making a kennel block soon now that the chest freezer is on the blink trig, be handy now I have a pup.

Come ready insulated ,with a handy lid ,cool in the summer warm in the winter,what you reckon?

Last time I'll give you a freezer were you post when you marked that hole out

• Like 1

thats tidier than some kennels ive seen over the years lol
Thinking of making a kennel block soon now that the chest freezer is on the blink trig, be handy now I have a pup.

Come ready insulated ,with a handy lid ,cool in the summer warm in the winter,what you reckon?

Last time I'll give you a freezer were you post when you marked that hole out

not when he marked it but deffinatly when he cut it out lol.

• Like 1

I went for wood for mine , as said make sure drainage is good , better to put it to a main sewer rather than soak away if you can as its going to end up getting crap hair and all sorts down there and a soak away will end up blocked / stinking .

My pair have insulated sleeping boxes inside the kennel.

P1000331_zpsnwioxele.jpg

I've looked at these myself but they didn't work out much cheaper than the solid Galv panels. Not sure how it would work out building your own. But I think I'm going down the solid panel route next with bar dividers and bar front gates. Small wooden kennel inside or a plastic barrel and a decent roof...

20E37AB2-2A19-49DE-9E67-D1AFACB83484_zps

I went for wood for mine , as said make sure drainage is good , better to put it to a main sewer rather than soak away if you can as its going to end up getting crap hair and all sorts down there and a soak away will end up blocked / stinking .

P1000331_zpsnwioxele.jpg

I've looked at these myself but they didn't work out much cheaper than the solid Galv panels. Not sure how it would work out building your own. But I think I'm going down the solid panel route next with bar dividers and bar front gates. Small wooden kennel inside or a plastic barrel and a decent roof...20E37AB2-2A19-49DE-9E67-D1AFACB83484_zps

Definitely use solid dividers between pens. Don't want a dog getting dragged through the bars!

• Like 1

P1000331_zpsnwioxele.jpg

I've looked at these myself but they didn't work out much cheaper than the solid Galv panels. Not sure how it would work out building your own. But I think I'm going down the solid panel route next with bar dividers and bar front gates. Small wooden kennel inside or a plastic barrel and a decent roof...20E37AB2-2A19-49DE-9E67-D1AFACB83484_zps
Definitely use solid dividers between pens. Don't want a dog getting dragged through the bars!

Dragged through the bars? Do you keep lions and alligators? Lol

P1000331_zpsnwioxele.jpg

It's happened in many a kennel over the years.

P1000331_zpsnwioxele.jpg

All my dogs can be kenneled together, fed together by my 6 year old girl, brought in the house together etc. I don't keep dogs which I think might want to drag another through the bars. I know you can never say never but I would like to think I know my own dogs.

• Like 1

P1000331_zpsnwioxele.jpg

Happened to me with two bulls not nice