Of Dogs And Deer

Just hoped over the garden fence and saw this doe and buck approximately 60yrds from each other. This Buck visits regularly, he's an oldie with some great antlers which is hard to see due to my poor mobile phone pics. I was sitting on a bank 45yrds or so, before both bolted. The fields beyond this spinney normally hold good numbers of Cwd, this morning 5/6 were grazing, but too far for my poor mobile phone camera. It's very common to see great numbers in one field. Today I'll try and snap a better picture of them.

post-16220-0-92392400-1472719645_thumb.jpeg

post-16220-0-30726700-1472719664_thumb.jpeg

Edited by artic
  • Like 3

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who gives a f**k, there's coppers, antis, tree huggers, whale savers etc all over the Internet.... But as long as you speak in the secret hunting code everything thing will be just fine....   Right

Haha wouldn't be THL without the annual "is artic a copper?" thread.   He was in a boy band though. LOL.

Policeman, postman, plasterer or any profession starting with P lol if you have the passion for what we do and post interesting topics on the forum, that is good enough for me!

Posted Images

Artic fancy a mooch... lol you treat me to a chinky and I treat you to fish and chips!

I'm laughing at your Fish & Chips comment. It reminded me when I was in Tunisia walking along cobbled streets. Locals from the souks would say in a dreadful cockney accent "Fish & Chips Mate!" Anyway..

Thanks for your kind offer but I prefer Thai haha

Maximus I've seen Cwd spread over 50 miles from here where they settled on very dry land, including very dense wooded areas.

Edited by artic

Just hoped over the garden fence and saw this doe and buck approximately 60yrds from each other. This Buck visits regularly, he's an oldie with some great antlers which is hard to see due to my poor mobile phone pics. I was sitting on a bank 45yrds or so, before both bolted. The fields beyond this spinney normally hold good numbers of Cwd, this morning 5/6 were grazing, but too far for my poor mobile phone camera. It's very common to see great numbers in one field. Today I'll try and snap a better picture of them.

CWD don't have antlers,so what is that?. as my glasses are as poor as that pic...

CWD don't have antlers,so what is that?. as my glasses are as poor as that pic...

If it's got antlers it's a Muntjac....

I liked this book when I got it, im sure the author cringes, but the youth got up and done it. I dont think id part with mine despite not having a running dog about me for 10 years.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Extreme-lurcherwork-Jonathan-darcy-working-lurcher-book-/282129390489?hash=item41b038db99:g:RmUAAOSwHoFXqjCp

I think this is the book with my mates old big blue Bull Cross, it was a huge dog.

The man who had it in the book was a peddlar, buying in dogs and selling them on....

Peddler or no peddler you enjoy the books for what they are. Without a shadow of a doubt they are all great books and will be classics. Yes some are selling at high prices. A book is like a comic, In time they will be worth more money if they are kept in good condition. People will pay the price for anything they really want. Credit to all involved in the making.

All as can say lads is the lad your asking questions to is a cop so watch watch wat your saying .artic stop pretending your some one your not your not one the lads your a pig .

Come on then spill the beans....
spill the beans . I don't no how to put it any the bloke is a cop .

I have read many posts submitted by "artic" and to be honest seems an alright type of guy!! He has been posting for around 8 years and his passion for the game comes across as genuine!! Have you had any personal run ins with him logan to do with our passion???

• Like 2

I have read many posts submitted by "artic" and to be honest seems an alright type of guy!! He has been posting for around 8 years and his passion for the game comes across as genuine!! Have you had any personal run ins with him logan to do with our passion???

trust me he is ask him your self ,if he has nowt to hide he will simply tell the truth hes a cop , cops are bad but a sneaky one pretending hes not one is real bad ,there is a couple of lads on here who will back me up if needs be . So sorry mate your mistaken ,