What happened to the original post? There was a link to the guys video of a pigeon being shot out of a tree at night. It seams to have been removed rather hastily!

I seem to be getting the feeling that you are a rather keen shooter and your main concern here is those pesky peasants have been at your birds again with there catty,s, I recon the original post would still be up if you had,nt came along to question the legality of it all, there are enough gamekeepers and busy body's trying to film everything and ruin things for us without doing it to each other, he shot one poxy pigeon the most prolific bird in the uk responsible for thousands of £ in damages,it's a brilliant achievement with a fork stick bit of elastic and and a tongue from a boot,

What happened to the original post? There was a link to the guys video of a pigeon being shot out of a tree at night. It seams to have been removed rather hastily!

I seem to be getting the feeling that you are a rather keen shooter and your main concern here is those pesky peasants have been at your birds again with there catty,s, I recon the original post would still be up if you had,nt came along to question the legality of it all, there are enough gamekeepers and busy body's trying to film everything and ruin things for us without doing it to each other, he shot one poxy pigeon the most prolific bird in the uk responsible for thousands of £ in damages,it's a brilliant achievement with a fork stick bit of elastic and and a tongue from a boot,

YOU DO NOT KNOW ME, DO NOT PRETENE TO KNOW WHAT I DO OR DO NOT DO. I was responding to what appears to have been an ilegal act hoping to warn the post. I do use a catapult to great effect, I can and have shot pigeons from the sky, however never at night into a tree. How would I know where my 3/8" lead shot was going to land if I missed?

YOU DO NOT KNOW ME, DO NOT PRETENE TO KNOW WHAT I DO OR DO NOT DO. I was responding to what appears to have been an ilegal act hoping to warn the post. I do use a catapult to great effect, I can and have shot pigeons from the sky, however never at night into a tree. How would I know where my 3/8" lead shot was going to land if I missed?

I,M GLAD I DONT KNOW YOU, YOU HAVE JUST CONFIRMED TO ME WHAT I SUSPECTED, and I doubt you can account for many of your lead shot when your shooting pigeons on the wing, wyatt Earp oh and thanks for warning the post I think it was ignorant of the law

What's with the insults?

It's all well and good getting misty-eyed and nostalgic about what you used to be able to do with a catapult, and how terrific the forum used to be, but the fact of the matter is there are laws. Posting on a public forum about possibly shooting a pigeon by artificial light by the side of a road where you possibly don't have permission isn't the best idea in the world. Note I said possibly.

"shoot your catty when you want where you want at what time you want" is a pretty dumb thing to say.

Can't really disagree with you walshie, but everyone knows that the catty is as yet a very grey area in hunting and still seen in the eyes of the law as a toy, most people that hunt with a catty are in general aware of this and are hopefully sensible enough to carry on unnoticed and undetected, but I guess it gets on people's tits when someone who walks among them, as one of them, starts playing self appointed policeman, and only really joined in to cause shit, not because he had anything constructive to add, so that's why the insults I guess, also there have been a lot of assumptions made here that I doubt Dave would like levelled at him if he put a photo of a pile of shot things up and everyone accused him of breaking the law and such like, ferreter may have been perfectly within his legal rights to shoot the pigeon but know one even bothered asking or finding out. I don't know what it was like here 5 year ago as I'm a newcomer, so I,m quite happy with how things are, but I will stil speak out when I think someone is being a sneaky little shitstir, if Dave was really concerned a pm to the man was all that was needed, instead of, oh look everybody I think he may have broken the law, I will now put my soap box away, and get back to my normal drivel cheers

in the late 70s i think it was . i read in an air gun mag JOHN DARLING saying it was ok to shoot pigeons at night . He was not using lights that was illegal . So the method used was moonlight and trees with no leaves . At night the silhouette of the pigeon can be seen though a scope . dont know if it is different today .