I thought it was only illegal to use artificial light to shoot them?

Some confusion with regard to the DEFRA and general licence: As I understand it's okay to use the setting Sun or Moon (silhouette) AND okay with permission to lamp if it's an artificial roost, like a farm building, but NOT a tree? I maybe wrong?

Some confusion with regard to the DEFRA and general licence: As I understand it's okay to use the setting Sun or Moon (silhouette) AND okay with permission to lamp if it's an artificial roost, like a farm building, but NOT a tree? I maybe wrong?

i,m not sure either but I thought it only covered game birds,?

i,m not sure either but I thought it only covered game birds,?

This is the daft point, when roosting a Pigeon becomes a game bird?

It doesn't, but the no lamping rule applies to all wild birds except ferals.

The question that springs to my mind when catapults are used is was it on permission or just off the road?

This is from a forum sight dedicated to Woodpigeon, not sure where the law stands?

"Shooting any birds at night is illegal, whethar its with lamp or natural light, they become game birds, like phesants"

The question that springs to my mind when catapults are used is was it on permission or just off the road?

This is from a forum sight dedicated to Woodpigeon, not sure where the law stands?

"Shooting any birds at night is illegal, whethar its with lamp or natural light, they become game birds, like phesants"

That woodpigeon site sounds a cracker. It's not illegal with natural light and they don't suddenly become game just because the sun has gone down. Whether the terms of the GL are being met by shooting a pigeon with a catapult is another matter.

That same gem is on the airgun forum, complete with spelling mistakes. :laugh:

That woodpigeon site sounds a cracker. It's not illegal with natural light and they don't suddenly become game just because the sun has gone down. Whether the terms of the GL are being met by shooting a pigeon with a catapult is another matter.

That same gem is on the airgun forum, complete with spelling mistakes. :laugh:

that site is full of jumped up no it all bell ends who are two busy trying to run other people down and spend more time telling people what they should and shouldn't do than getting out and doing Abit....half them on there wouldn't no a wood pigeon from a real one

Is,nt it sad that this conversation is even happening, and we can't even really discuss it for fear of recriminations, but to me the whole essence of shooting a catty, is the fact you keep one in your pocket or round your neck at all times, it's not illegal to carry round with you, and you can take opportune shots as and when they present themselves to you, it affords anyone and everyone the right to a bit of hunting on a budget of about £20/£100 even if you live in the middle of a city with know access to any form of country pursuit you can still hunt your own lunch, if you are banned from owning a firearm or have no room for dogs you can still hunt, to me it's hunting at its purest and should be left that way, I think it's fantastic seeing all these lads bringing back something that was almost forgotten for years, and long may it continue,

• Like 3