Farmers Shooting Dogs.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its a sad reflection on the majority of lurcher owners that they do not have a clue on basic countryside knowledge and the laws of the land.Any dog out of control amidst stock should be shot and the o

Bastarts even photo bomd my pictures lol

Spot on that.   We had one last year come screaming over in his pickup, got out balling and shouting and sticking his chest out. It was just scare tactics. Once he saw I was calm and trying to be r

Posted Images

when i first started seing my mrs she lived with her sister in law who had a rottweiler , german shepherd and a pup from both . The rottweiler and pup got out of the garden and went missing . we looked all round the fields and couldnt find them . Later that night the farmer turned up on his quad bike and dumped both shot dogs on the doorstep and knocked the door , got back on his quad and when the sister in law ansered the door to her dead dogs he told her " if i see that alsatian anywhere near my land he will get a bullet aswell " and then sped off . The sister in law was a hard nosed cow and even tho she was distraught she turned it into anger and started shouting abuse at him and getting massivly angry along with her husband . I know my mrs was a little shocked and upset about it seing the dead dogs dumped on the ground .

If they had been worriyng sheep or whatever they have the right to shoot them , i get that . But some farmers dont see dogs as pets and treat them like stock so the killing of them and dumping them isnt that much of a bother to them . Looking back i realise what a absolute c**t that bloke was , We didnt have kids but he didnt know that . Kids could have been there and seen that f***ing mess by the door . Cant remember what happened as it was years ago , think they went to the police but nothing came of it in the end . Farmer is still armed and farming tho .

It does happen there was an issue recently on carlton towers at selby where the keeper run over a lads dogs and also shot one.

There are lads on here who will know exactly what happened.

All hell broke loose with the keeper needing police protection but it is my understanding he is still there.

A lot of years ago a farmer on the edge of my village shot some dogs with a bullet gun.

One of the dogs was killed outright but another dog which was on a lead was shot with the bullet going striaght through.

The dog died later.

No one could ever understand how this farmer kept his gun licence and no action was taken against him.

The owner of the dog could have been easily shot.

Charges could have been braught against both parties but it is my understanding they came to an agreement to both drop charges.

That land belongs to the Duke of Norfolk his keeper on their will be well looked after by the law a despite what he does regarding deterring poachers and their dogs.

Honestly if some one shot my dogs they would never get peace in there shirt life's , same with a grass had permission couple years back this guy has got it now but I still go up for a few rabbits now and again he's stopped me a couple of times , and has said to a friend if he sees me on his permission he'll phone the police on me if he does he won't have a gun licence for long that's a promise

Ain't they supposed to only use a shotgun as well not a Bullet.

not sure, keepers have rifles , so maybe they might , but only stock they got birds , not the same as having sheep killed by dog, that's what farmers use regards shooting dogs.

• Like 1

I think some have got him sussed and its just scare tactics. He would have to be silly to actually do it but i dont think il be going back that way just in case i value my pup too much. Its only a small village no keepers or owt like that its just some silly old farmer with crops. If i drop on him in the mean time il be having words for sending threats and enlighten him on the matter. Thinking back to the time iv been supposedly seen i actually think it was my dad who had my pup over night that may have just been walking her which is even worse. It would be very easy to mistake us in the dark were pretty alike.

I came across two guys other night while walking my pups, they were in a defender out shooting foxes for the landowners, we got chatting and they mentioned the landowners had told them to shoot any dogs they saw out Lamping with there owners, they wasn't willing to shoot dogs as one one of them was a dog man him self but they did have a top of the range night vision spotter and were calling the police on the lads instead of shooting the dogs, you wouldn't even know you'd been seen!

I came across two guys other night while walking my pups, they were in a defender out shooting foxes for the landowners, we got chatting and they mentioned the landowners had told them to shoot any dogs they saw out Lamping with there owners, they wasn't willing to shoot dogs as one one of them was a dog man him self but they did have a top of the range night vision spotter and were calling the police on the lads instead of shooting the dogs, you wouldn't even know you'd been seen!

Just shows dont it technology ruines everything
  • Like 1

Im sure hed shut up if you told c**t when your in bed tonight dont put heating on cos your straw hay barns are goin up next to u u c**t no need to shoot dogs have polite word normaly sorts problem out he lose more than you in long run or next best thing dont go on land your not meant to in first place then farmers wont shoot dog and you arnt goin home with no dog