Carpet Mill/slat Mill

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For normal working terriers ,I disagree. I know a bit about using mills and when it comes to hunting dogs mills are more of a benefit to the owner than the dog.

That's what makes me laugh about mills. Lads think they're a great way of exercising a dog while you have your dinner etc. but to use a mill properly you should walk the dog before putting him on the

make you one if you let me know what size dog you going to run on it?

Posted Images

Aeron, do you really believe 80-90% of fitness is diet? If so then all a pro athlete has to do is change his diet and he's good to go? If this is true then I need to yell at my coach after all these years of making me work my ASS OFF! Lmao.diet plays a big role don't get me wrong but not no 80/90%..that leaves 10% for work..makes no sense. Anything that exerts energy should have some type of cardio work done. From running the field or playing ball or flirt pole work,treadmill or whatever.I wouldn't take myself off the couch and go compete and I wouldn't take a dog that's sat around for months doing nothing, out either. Jmo

• Like 3

How can you say that? For a bodybuilder diet is a big part in getting the look they want. But they still do cardio and work out.if things was as easy as getting great cardio or a bodybuilder body by just food life would be easy and everyone would look great..and yes bodybuilders are unhealthy..

• Like 1

Aeron, do you really believe 80-90% of fitness is diet? If so then all a pro athlete has to do is change his diet and he's good to go? If this is true then I need to yell at my coach after all these years of making me work my ASS OFF! Lmao.diet plays a big role don't get me wrong but not no 80/90%..that leaves 10% for work..makes no sense. Anything that exerts energy should have some type of cardio work done. From running the field or playing ball or flirt pole work,treadmill or whatever.I wouldn't take myself off the couch and go compete and I wouldn't take a dog that's sat around for months doing nothing, out either. Jmo

Sorry , should have worded or put it better !

What i mean , is that it is easier to get in shape with good natural foods.

Exercise/training does play a big part. :thumbs:

You only get out , what you put in ! :yes:

funny enough, i bumped into an old mate of mine today, who, a good few years back now was bang into his body building. won the area title and qualified for "mr britain"? i was working with him at the time he was ripping out, 10 weekso f pretty much starving himself and shooting all sort of shit as i remember, whilst pointing up on the training. he certainly looked the part, but he'd be blowing out his arse at the slightest excersion. so i can get the above comment. sent him half doolally in the end and he knocked it on the head and went to muay thai, lost a couple of stone in bulk and didn't do too bad at it...

YOKEL.

Terriers walked twice a day in morning and in the evening off the lead should be grand for them plus most of the day my terriers mix on the yard... and there steady wrestling and running up and down the yard, getting exercises and working loads of muscles neck and jaw play fighting... they know works coming soon.

• Like 2

around where i live their are a lot of tall thick rushie fields.its a great place to get my lurcher and few terriers fit and to get wind into the dogs.you can really see them working through them.we all hate walken these kind of fields when were going checken earths with a bag of tools on our back.this is just another way of conditioning dogs that dosent cost anything.i find it works for me and can really see a difference especially in my hound when he meets open country when the time comes to open the taps his tounge is back in his mouth in under 2mins after a hard approx 800mtr is run.

• Like 1

around where i live their are a lot of tall thick rushie fields.its a great place to get my lurcher and few terriers fit and to get wind into the dogs.you can really see them working through them.we all hate walken these kind of fields when were going checken earths with a bag of tools on our back.this is just another way of conditioning dogs that dosent cost anything.i find it works for me and can really see a difference especially in my hound when he meets open country when the time comes to open the taps his tounge is back in his mouth in under 2mins after a hard approx 800mtr is run.

I agree. Works wonders as long as you don't let em walk behind you?

Biggest problem with working terriers IMHO , is the owners that leave them sitting in kennels through out the summer fxck all exercise , then expect them to be world beaters, and wonder why and blame the dog when they walk, jmho, plenty lads like that around , diet , walking , mill ect can all play there part in getting your dogs in top shape, but a lot of the lads I know would rather make excuses than put the effort in , jmho

• Like 3

Yes you see and hear of that same nonsense. Good to keep em right always and for the right reasons. If I never had time to walk them or places , even though its not easy always or ever.id have a mill to keep fit and safety and had place , money. But still have to watch em and give em time if had few dogs a more

I agree. Works wonders as long as you don't let em walk behind you

throwing a tug dried stuffed rabbit skin or a dummy for the lurcher to retrieve really works them in the rushes only really works if they like to retrieve. incorapate a treat every now and then.dont try it with more than one terrier works out badly.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...