Carpet Mill/slat Mill

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For normal working terriers ,I disagree. I know a bit about using mills and when it comes to hunting dogs mills are more of a benefit to the owner than the dog.

That's what makes me laugh about mills. Lads think they're a great way of exercising a dog while you have your dinner etc. but to use a mill properly you should walk the dog before putting him on the

make you one if you let me know what size dog you going to run on it?

Posted Images

Look good mills matey !

I have a RPMillmaker KS and rate it highly. :yes:[/quote

I'm

Not a fan of the rpmillmakers . They look the part to start with . But a lot of people heve been getting them off me mate because they don't all spin as advertised and the build quality not great . I know people who have used them hard and with in a year rattled to death . Did you import it yourself . ? And vids of it spinning .

Are the mills self propelled or are they run with a motor? £300 is a good price for a terrier one.

Self propelled . 300 is a cracking price for any mill and it looks good . Our parts cost twice that .
  • Like 1

Are the mills self propelled or are they run with a motor? £300 is a good price for a terrier one.

Free running butt !

Most are way over priced. :yes:

And I personally do not think they are needed for digging dogs. :thumbs:

• Like 2

I'm Not a fan of the rpmillmakers . They look the part to start with . But a lot of people heve been getting them off me mate because they don't all spin as advertised and the build quality not great . I know people who have used them hard and with in a year rattled to death . Did you import it yourself . ? And vids of it spinning .

Well , we have had the standard mill for 5+ years with no problems.

Now have the KS about 2-3 years and no problems - Speak as you find !

Yes..... I did import , straight to my door by DHL.

I do not have any videos of the mill in use.

I'm Not a fan of the rpmillmakers . They look the part to start with . But a lot of people heve been getting them off me mate because they don't all spin as advertised and the build quality not great . I know people who have used them hard and with in a year rattled to death . Did you import it yourself . ? And vids of it spinning .

Well , we have had the standard mill for 5+ years with no problems.

Now have the KS about 2-3 years and no problems - Speak as you find !

Yes..... I did import , straight to my door by DHL.

I do not have any videos of the mill in use.

Spot on .

The rpm millmaker has a long long waiting list and then there some folks who never got there mill..HPR,your setup reminds me of the older dog trotter before they went snap together aluminum. What's the wait time if one wanted 2 for small terriers and what do you think shipping would be here to the United states?

A lot of lads run down treadmills/slatmills and say its not the same as natural running but if you are working long days its better than no exercise and if you give your dog a good free run or mooch at weekends and put him on mill during long winter nights i bet they would do okay not everyone has the luxury of 3 walks per day unless your retired or professional dogmen.

• Like 2

A lot of lads run down treadmills/slatmills and say its not the same as natural running but if you are working long days its better than no exercise and if you give your dog a good free run or mooch at weekends and put him on mill during long winter nights i bet they would do okay not everyone has the luxury of 3 walks per day unless your retired or professional dogmen.

That's what makes me laugh about mills. Lads think they're a great way of exercising a dog while you have your dinner etc. but to use a mill properly you should walk the dog before putting him on the mill to empty him out (you could damage his kidneys etc. otherwise) and you should walk him after his mill work to cool down. While he's on the mill you've to stand beside him because only a fool would leave a dog on a mill unaided as things can go seriously wrong.

Hunting dogs need mental stimulation as well as aerobic exercise and running while looking at a wall is not stimulation.

JMHO but terriermen who use mills are wannabee dogfighters at heart.

• Like 5