Grouse And Pheasant Feathers Wanted For Project.

I make wreaths, lamp shades and Xmas baubles etc from game feathers, we have two pheasant shoots here a year but would really appreciate any more feathers that someone in the area (East Yorkshire) would save to one side for me or if further afield I would happily pay postage for them.

The more the better and all the types from the downy feathers to the tail feathers are used.

I'd happily give a wreath in exchange for their trouble too.

I realise they are available to buy on eBay but they do not have the volume I need also I am mainly doing this to recycle the feathers when I realised they usually get burnt or thrown on a muck heap so to buy them would slightly be defeating the object.

I'd like to add a picture to this post to show my creations but I can't seem to see where to upload one!

• Like 1

That looks quite smart, are bronze turkey feathers any good for you ?

Thank you :) the body feathers i'm sure would be great.

I still have a large sack full of white turkey wing feathers from Christmas last year, they are curved and after a bit of research i found out you can straighten them out to make them easier to work with by ironing them, but it's a fiddly pretty boring job so i have just stored those for a rainy day or in case i think of a better and easier way to use them.

So anything other than turkey wing feathers would be greatly received !

• Like 1

I still have a large sack full of white turkey wing feathers from Christmas last year, they are curved and after a bit of research i found out you can straighten them out to make them easier to work with by ironing them, but it's a fiddly pretty boring job so i have just stored those for a rainy day or in case i think of a better and easier way to use them.

No problem, the bronze birds have some pretty nice plumage, next ones I pluck I will bag them up for you.

No problem, the bronze birds have some pretty nice plumage, next ones I pluck I will bag them up for you.

Perfect ??

Perfect
Shame your so far away, could have come and done some ferreting and collected them, what you like at plucking ?

The tail feathers are pretty straight, are they any good ?

• Like 1

Where in the country are you?

I can pluck Is there any way you could send me a pic and I'll have a look.

Thanks.

Bedfordshire, right on the outskirts of Bedford itself, was only joking about the plucking, but at the same time never turn down a hand

I will take a picture tomorrow and see if I can post on here, never had much luck with pics on this site before.

Thanks.

Bedfordshire, right on the outskirts of Bedford itself, was only joking about the plucking, but at the same time never turn down a hand

I will take a picture tomorrow and see if I can post on here, never had much luck with pics on this site before.

Yes that's a fair distance from me. I found after some trial and error that first of all you need to be on the full version (click the bottom of the page if your on your phone)

I didn't have any luck uploading from my phone so I did it on the laptop. Good luck

Thanks.

Yes that's a fair distance from me. I found after some trial and error that first of all you need to be on the full version (click the bottom of the page if your on your phone)

I didn't have any luck uploading from my phone so I did it on the laptop. Good luck

Sorry, it won't load them, keeps saying the files are too big.

Thanks.

Sorry, it won't load them, keeps saying the files are too big.
How about email?