Honey Bees

Dido have you spoken to the local bee keeping association and identified the local swarm coordinator.

You will be surprised how helpfull these people are in these type of situations.

They will give advice on treatment and also on any local bee hives in proximity to the location of the colony.

Some colonies i have come across and been unable to treat due to been unable to fullfill the post treatment requirements have died over the winter.

You have some times got to walk away any financial gain you get will be vastly outwayed if there is any problems.

Explaining the reasons you are walking away to customer and the issue you face with a possible significant fine makes them much more understanding.

Yes I work with a number of bee keeper's.

It's an old dear and I want to help if i can

An old dear and he was up the wall pointing a week ago ?

I would be looking towards the bee keepers in the area for help, they are a useful bunch.

Whats the reason for not carrying out a live removal?

You can't just knock out a colony using insecticide based on a builders observations.

High high is the roof - how many storeys

how high of the roof is the chimney?

Is it offset or centred

There's so much more you need to pass on for good advice

For sure if you can't get up there to proof it adequately after poisoning then you should not be using an insecticide - it is your responsibility to prevent any access to the poisoned colony by any passing bees - for many good reasons

Have you got any photos - email them to swarmcatcher.co.uk if you want some advice.

• Like 2

Yes I work with a number of bee keeper's.

It's an old dear and I want to help if i can

An old dear and he was up the wall pointing a week ago ?

I would be looking towards the bee keepers in the area for help, they are a useful bunch.

Her son is visiting and doing a few jobs

Whats the reason for not carrying out a live removal?

You can't just knock out a colony using insecticide based on a builders observations.

High high is the roof - how many storeys

how high of the roof is the chimney?

Is it offset or centred

There's so much more you need to pass on for good advice

For sure if you can't get up there to proof it adequately after poisoning then you should not be using an insecticide - it is your responsibility to prevent any access to the poisoned colony by any passing bees - for many good reasons

Have you got any photos - email them to swarmcatcher.co.uk if you want some advice.

Will do