Woman New To Forum And Ferreting Looking For Someone To Show Me The Ropes

just try a few easy holes with little cover that look likely and you can manage with out a locator initially. I would get a couple of bells on it though. Thats how I did as a kid. Got so fed up of trying empty holes mind I stopped netting and just put the ferret and sure enough there was a rabbit in that one :laugh:

Oh that's a handy thing to know, bells instead of a locator.

Would certainly save me a few quid to start off, thanks ?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eeerrrrr don't pm me,,,my wife is a very jelouse woman,,,,and who can blame her with eye candy like me"..lol

Is this fekin forum stuck in 1973 ??     Just wait till Sept /Oct, buy yourself 12 nets online, Plenty folk on here will sell you decent nets, Then watch a couple of youtube videos or buy a boo

A bit more info might get you better responses. Below is a list of pretty standard bits of important information I use when ever Im selecting a new ferreting partner so if you just drop an answer next

Posted Images

Hello, let me introduce myself I'm Micheala and I kept ferrets most of my life on and off but have never taken part in ferreting they have been pets only.

I have worked on a farm for a few years now and it's become apparent that rabbits are a nuisance on the land and having recently bought a new little ferret I have given controlling them by ferreting a thought.

However I have never been before and I was wondering if anyone in the area (I'm in Driffield East Yorkshire) wouldn't mind taking me under their wing and showing me the ropes as I'd find the whole thing (especially dispatching the rabbit) very daunting on my own).

I'm happy to help out where needed in return for some basic knowledge and I have my own transport.

Am I right in thinking my ferret at the moment is far too young to take part (she's about 4/ 5 months old) if so I'd still be happy to learn what I can and enjoy the day out for when the time comes.

i can help you later in the year when it easy for me to take time off work (marquee season at min) and I'm only at Goole so you can come over here or me over to you I hope that help you atb martyn
  • Like 1

Micheala if you work on a farm and have permission, why not invite someone of here to help you on your own land, as it might hold spots that shouldn't be worked by someone so green, or even warrens that your never see your ferret again.

That's a idea, it's not my own land but I do have permission on it yes.

With only having the one ferret i would be pretty upset if I were to loose her ?

If this was a bloke asking these things he would get butcherd tore apart and probs get called a cop lol good luck finding some one .

Maybe so but if you don't ask you don't find out, I don't think asking for help or advice is shameful whatever your sex.

I never sed it was shameful it's just a fact that this site is full ov pricks and at times any post made like this in the past has been jumped all over lol

If this was a bloke asking these things he would get butcherd tore apart and probs get called a cop lol good luck finding some one .

Maybe so but if you don't ask you don't find out, I don't think asking for help or advice is shameful whatever your sex.
I never sed it was shameful it's just a fact that this site is full ov pricks and at times any post made like this in the past has been jumped all over lol

I think I have recieved my fair share of flack over this post tbh.

But I have had some very nice helpful people too.

A bit more info might get you better responses. Below is a list of pretty standard bits of important information I use when ever Im selecting a new ferreting partner so if you just drop an answer next to each one;

height

weight

dress size

bra size

eye colour

hair colour

relationship status

have you ever described as a prude

do you have nets etc

do you have a running dog

do you have a vehicle

do you have any permissions

Oh, just a minor detail really this one but, do you have a ferret.

Seeiously, how old are you? I have already answered two of your 'specific' questions in my original post if you read it correctly.

Sorry micheala. Only teasin love. Stick around as others have said. I only got into it a couole years back and people on here are helpful, its also worth readin the threads you dont reply to because theres a lot of people on here who know some good stuff!

I feel bad now......

Do you have any nets yet micheala? I bought some bisley ones last year as back ups but never used them, you will find out that they arent the best and you will want to replace them if you get into it properly but you can have them if you want and itll get you started. I could post them to you. I would come over and show you the little I know but Im pretty sure the wife would not approve of me spending the day with a woman I met through an internet forum. Especially if she found out you worked on a farm, had a load of permission and were into ferretin!

• Like 2

I feel bad now......

Do you have any nets yet micheala? I bought some bisley ones last year as back ups but never used them, you will find out that they arent the best and you will want to replace them if you get into it properly but you can have them if you want and itll get you started. I could post them to you. I would come over and show you the little I know but Im pretty sure the wife would not approve of me spending the day with a woman I met through an internet forum. Especially if she found out you worked on a farm, had a load of permission and were into ferretin!

I read this thread to the missus earlier and she said "why don't you offer to go and show her the ropes"...

I thought at first how lovely and it shows we have a lot of trust in the relationship.

Then I thought wait a minute. She's trying to get rid of me ?

• Like 3

I feel bad now......

I read this thread to the missus earlier and she said "why don't you offer to go and show her the ropes"...

I thought at first how lovely and it shows we have a lot of trust in the relationship.

Did she offer to pack for you Gaz?! haha!

• Like 1

I feel bad now......

Did she offer to pack for you Gaz?! haha!

Now you come to mention it there is a flask of tea and my ferreting bag on the table ???

• Like 1

A bit more info might get you better responses. Below is a list of pretty standard bits of important information I use when ever Im selecting a new ferreting partner so if you just drop an answer next to each one;

height

weight

dress size

bra size

eye colour

hair colour

relationship status

have you ever described as a prude

do you have nets etc

do you have a running dog

do you have a vehicle

do you have any permissions

Oh, just a minor detail really this one but, do you have a ferret.

Seeiously, how old are you? I have already answered two of your 'specific' questions in my original post if you read it correctly.
Sorry micheala. Only teasin love. Stick around as others have said. I only got into it a couole years back and people on here are helpful, its also worth readin the threads you dont reply to because theres a lot of people on here who know some good stuff!
Thanks I intend on sticking around, the site is pretty interesting.

I feel bad now......

Oh how very kind of you, no I don't have any nets I have been doing some research to which ones I should get so that would be great to start me of thank you!

I feel bad now......

Haha! Aw she sounds like a lovely woman, and your relationship sounds spot on ? I'm sure I'll manage if I have ago myself.

• Like 1

Hello, let me introduce myself I'm Micheala and I kept ferrets most of my life on and off but have never taken part in ferreting they have been pets only.

I have worked on a farm for a few years now and it's become apparent that rabbits are a nuisance on the land and having recently bought a new little ferret I have given controlling them by ferreting a thought.

However I have never been before and I was wondering if anyone in the area (I'm in Driffield East Yorkshire) wouldn't mind taking me under their wing and showing me the ropes as I'd find the whole thing (especially dispatching the rabbit) very daunting on my own).

I'm happy to help out where needed in return for some basic knowledge and I have my own transport.

Am I right in thinking my ferret at the moment is far too young to take part (she's about 4/ 5 months old) if so I'd still be happy to learn what I can and enjoy the day out for when the time comes.

i can help you later in the year when it easy for me to take time off work (marquee season at min) and I'm only at Goole so you can come over here or me over to you I hope that help you atb martyn

Thanks for the offer ??

• Like 2