Woman New To Forum And Ferreting Looking For Someone To Show Me The Ropes

I was hoping to get out and watch to see if it were something I would be interested in doing myself.

I have looked at dozens of YouTube 'how to' vids and looked at lots of informative websites.

But the ferret finder in particular is pretty expensive and I wouldn't want to waste my money in getting all the 'gear' it I decided it wasn't for me.

Stick around on the forum for a few months, ask plenty of questions and take an interest and you might drop on an invite.

People are very cautious to invite people out on their land or even meet up with people off here who hasn't got anyone to vouch for them. No disrespect intended but you could be anyone posing to be a young woman wanting help.

If you're genuine then stick around.

Well that answered a lot, I never thought of it like that.

I did wonder what I had done to receive such a negative response so that'll be why then.

I will stick around and prove I want to learn ?

• Like 3

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eeerrrrr don't pm me,,,my wife is a very jelouse woman,,,,and who can blame her with eye candy like me"..lol

Is this fekin forum stuck in 1973 ??     Just wait till Sept /Oct, buy yourself 12 nets online, Plenty folk on here will sell you decent nets, Then watch a couple of youtube videos or buy a boo

A bit more info might get you better responses. Below is a list of pretty standard bits of important information I use when ever Im selecting a new ferreting partner so if you just drop an answer next

Posted Images

I was hoping to get out and watch to see if it were something I would be interested in doing myself.

I have looked at dozens of YouTube 'how to' vids and looked at lots of informative websites.

But the ferret finder in particular is pretty expensive and I wouldn't want to waste my money in getting all the 'gear' it I decided it wasn't for me.

Stick around on the forum for a few months, ask plenty of questions and take an interest and you might drop on an invite.

People are very cautious to invite people out on their land or even meet up with people off here who hasn't got anyone to vouch for them. No disrespect intended but you could be anyone posing to be a young woman wanting help.

If you're genuine then stick around.

Well that answered a lot, I never thought of it like that.

I did wonder what I had done to receive such a negative response so that'll be why then.

I will stick around and prove I want to learn ?

It's a funny old place this forum. I bet we get more antis, police, rspca types than we do people genuinely interested in countrysports. And then out of the ones genuinely interested there is a percentage of wronguns and messers etc.

People are right to be cautious and I would advise you to be cautious too. If you get any offers that sound too good to be true they probably are.

Don't go snapping up the first offer that comes along, try to get a feel for them and see if they are known by the regulars on here or by people in your area or you could end up in the back of a van and it won't be rabbit holes getting invaded.

All the best.

• Like 3

first off dont take the piss taking on here seriously . Its just a standard response when a woman posts on here . Its just a lighthearted windup . Theirs a woman on here regularly who posts and she seems very knowledgeable . Think she has ferrets aswell

You say you work on the farms so maybe if you have difficulty in the idea of killing a rabbit ask the farmer to show you how to do it a few times first . I cant speak for everybody here but myself the first few rabbits i killed were a little daunting but after you get going with it its not a problem at all .

Get some pictures of your ferrets up on here , their cages etc . Ask as many questions as you want . If you fully integrate yourself in the site im sure someone will have absolutly no problem taking you out in the future . Ive seen some genuinely beautifull acts of kindness on here from people gifting rifles to other members kids who wanted to take up shooting etc so a day out ferreting shouldnt be a problem . You just have to get yourself invovlved in the site for people to gain confidence in asking you

Buy yourself the kit , the nets , the locators etc . Doing that and looking at them all the time will give you the buzz to get out and give it a go . If you decide its not for you in the future you can always sell them . You will recoup a good deal of your money and whatever the difference in money at the end is will be the price you paid to give ferreting a go .

I dont do ferreting myself but its something ive always fancied doing but dont have the space or time with the family at the moment to give it a go . Good luck with the ferrets and i hope you end up enjoying it and it becomes a passion for you long into the future . The more people showing interest in fieldsports the better imo

• Like 6

just try a few easy holes with little cover that look likely and you can manage with out a locator initially. I would get a couple of bells on it though. Thats how I did as a kid. Got so fed up of trying empty holes mind I stopped netting and just put the ferret and sure enough there was a rabbit in that one :laugh:

• Like 1

Its a bit odd working on a farm and cant get help to show you how to ferret has no one knocked looking for perm im sure the farmer has been giving plenty of numbers

Nobody does ferreting here otherwise I'd have asked them instead of posting on here.

I have spoken to a couple of people about it and I can't seem to find anyone that's still doing it.

Like has been said, if your real then stick around, and somebpdy will take you out.just also remember that fereting aint rocket science and you dont need to have been doing it a hundred years to catch summat or enjoy yaself, most of us learnt as kids, as we went along, read or learn the basics then craic on. Ask farmer if you can try and bolt bunnies to him and his gun if its the dispath that puts you off, or kike i said earlier, get some pics up and youll have loads a offers haha

Yes it's the dispatching of the bunnies that I'm most apprehensive about the rest I'm happy to have a go and work out myself with practice.

just try a few easy holes with little cover that look likely and you can manage with out a locator initially. I would get a couple of bells on it though. Thats how I did as a kid. Got so fed up of trying empty holes mind I stopped netting and just put the ferret and sure enough there was a rabbit in that one :laugh: