Wanted - Bushing Pup

Bosun11

Down to one lurcher now and looking to bring in a decent bushing dog.

Idealy i'm looking for the type to work single, work close and able to rat (at least!)

On paper that type would be a spaniel to a hard bitten earth dog BUT any variation or additives that could do that would do the job. If its line bred, then proven parents are essential.

Lot of beagle blood in bushers at the min but although i know their capabilities, i'd rather not have a pup heavily saturated but i'm certainly not ruling out hound blood.

I'm a stickler for good blood and thats what i need in a pup.

If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated and there's no rush for the right type.

Thanks ;)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have cocker x beagles and terriers in our pack .and after covering a lot of ground and a lot of cover in a day the terriers are knackered.the cocker xes have plenty more in the tank .same as spanie

No terrier can work a hard shift like a spaniel x or beagle x while the terriers fade the x's are just getting started. One is as good as a pack of terriers imo.

Bosun I be putting my cocker x beagle / Russell to a Plummer dog next time she in if you want to take a look atb Flacko

Posted Images

Why not look at a working line of beddy they will do cover and rats and are fairly easily trained ......

That has crossed my mind Ken but i do fancy a mixed breed, especially spaniel blood and see what i can get out of it.

I've got a first cross cocker/patterdale only 7 months so couldn't tell you how she will turn out exactly but she's starting to get stuck in to cover and work scent well now. Standing about 14/15" now so won't be long before she's too big to drop! Busy little dog around the place though she won't switch off... Ever!

• Like 2

Why not look at a working line of beddy they will do cover and rats and are fairly easily trained ......

That has crossed my mind Ken but i do fancy a mixed breed, especially spaniel blood and see what i can get out of it.

If you want your busher to work in close i would forget a beddy in my experience of them they range a lot and hunt a line fields ahead, stick with spaniel or spaniel cross

• Like 1