Zero Ranges For Sub 12Ft Lb And Fac Air.

People spend too much time worrying about zero range on small caliber rifles.

Mine are;

HW100 .22 @ 12ft lbs: 25 yards.

Webley Patriot .25 @ 31ft lbs: 25 yards.

Anschutz 1417 @ 98ft lbs: 25 yards

Not until my Browning T-Bolt in .17hmr do I change to 100 yard zero.

I think some people, especially inexperienced shooters, are a little unsure of what they are doing and just need a little like-for-like guidance as to how other lads set their rifles up David. It's a lot easier for those of us who've been doing this for so long it's just a matter of instinct as to how to set up our scopes for the kind of shooting we are setting out to undertake. :thumbs:

• Like 1

People spend too much time worrying about zero range on small caliber rifles.

Mine are;

HW100 .22 @ 12ft lbs: 25 yards.

Webley Patriot .25 @ 31ft lbs: 25 yards.

Anschutz 1417 @ 98ft lbs: 25 yards

Not until my Browning T-Bolt in .17hmr do I change to 100 yard zero.

I think some people, especially inexperienced shooters, are a little unsure of what they are doing and just need a little like-for-like guidance as to how other lads set their rifles up David. It's a lot easier for those of us who've been doing this for so long it's just a matter of instinct as to how to set up our scopes for the kind of shooting we are setting out to undertake. :thumbs:

So, my guidance is;

Set you zero to the distance at which you regularly shoot 50% of your quarry. ie, for my .22 air, .22 FAC air and .22lr most of my rabbits are shot at 25 yards (50%). (5% at 15-25 yards, 15% at 25-35 yards, 15% at 35-45 yards, 5% at 45-55 yards, 5% at 55-65 and 5% at 65-75) 75-85 range is unusual so is omitted from my figures as I would use the .17 hmr for over 75 yards. Yes, I can and have shot .22lr at 125 yards on rabbits, but this is not my regular distance, so my zero stays at 25 yards. Although I shoot .223 at 200-250 yards, my regular distance is 100 yards, so this is my zero. This make sense to me, not sure if it will work for others?