Shows Us Ur Bullx

@ W. Katchum, are you really a secret bull x fan/owner, like you are with whippets, or do you really dislike the type? I think I know, but you do make me think 'outside the box' at times lol :thumbs:

He loves fishing on here more than he loves any type of dog. Haha. I don't think we will ever know his true feelings but like you I enjoy trying to guess. Lol.

@ W. Katchum, are you really a secret bull x fan/owner, like you are with whippets, or do you really dislike the type? I think I know, but you do make me think 'outside the box' at times lol :thumbs:

He loves fishing on here more than he loves any type of dog. Haha. I don't think we will ever know his true feelings but like you I enjoy trying to guess. Lol.
A good mutt is a good mutt no matter the type, but vast majority of bullx are poo poo lol i watched countless numbers of them over about 10 years and they were they were all crap, is some good ones about but i seriously doubt they be posted on here haha

A good mutt is a good mutt no matter the type, but vast majority of bullx are poo poo lol i watched countless numbers of them over about 10 years and they were they were all crap, is some good ones about but i seriously doubt they be posted on here haha

I do agree there's more shit bull crosses about than most if not any other cross. Too many idiots with them thinking they are they bees knees because they carry a bit of muscle and strike a nice pose so churn pups out of them when they've seen a seasons worth of work spread over 5.

But I have seen a few good ones and the good ones are good. Plus I do like the look of them. Looks don't kill but it helps when you gotta feed the thing every day. Lol

Pretty accurate with what you both say there. I've not seen one good bull x, and I mean proper bull/greyhound, no other blood, in 40 years. Seen a few cracking dogs with about an 8th or 16th bull blood, along with a bit of collie or deerhound etc. And like I've said before, I'm talking about general lurcher work, not waiting around an earth.

The fact that I don't like them, doesn't mean I dislike bull breeds though, I love staffs etc. And I've got to admit, some lads have got these bull x's in great nick, king's fawn dog off here for example, not my cup of tea, but he's got him in very good nick.

Anyway, not long now lads, the weather's starting to get a tad more favorable :thumbs:

• Like 2

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whippet greyhound 2

Seen this old bull/grey do a fair bit from nights on the lamp hunting up in the day working with terriers ferreting working with the gun running whatever got up I think there's a couple people on here

About 6 weeks ago in summer relaxing condition lol.  

Posted Images

I do agree there's more shit bull crosses about than most if not any other cross. Too many idiots with them thinking they are they bees knees because they carry a bit of muscle and strike a nice pose so churn pups out of them when they've seen a seasons worth of work spread over 5.

But I have seen a few good ones and the good ones are good. Plus I do like the look of them. Looks don't kill but it helps when you gotta feed the thing every day. Lol

Pretty accurate with what you both say there. I've not seen one good bull x, and I mean proper bull/greyhound, no other blood, in 40 years. Seen a few cracking dogs with about an 8th or 16th bull blood, along with a bit of collie or deerhound etc. And like I've said before, I'm talking about general lurcher work, not waiting around an earth.

The fact that I don't like them, doesn't mean I dislike bull breeds though, I love staffs etc. And I've got to admit, some lads have got these bull x's in great nick, king's fawn dog off here for example, not my cup of tea, but he's got him in very good nick.

Anyway, not long now lads, the weather's starting to get a tad more favorable :thumbs:

You should of come seen my old bitch then she's well passed it know but hand on hard say put a good shift in on most quarry day and night I wouldn't of bred of her otherwise and she was 3/8 5/8 towards the bull she was never a hare dog

Thing is ,the reason you would keep a bull cross isn't for "all round" lurcher work.

What ever that means is different to different lads.

But for what they are bred for MOST other crosses would not stand a chance ,yes we have all seen the odd collie cross or what ever do this or do that but they are the exception rather than the rule . So those who want that type ,will continue to have their bull crosses regardless of whether they get a thumbs up off a few lads that dislike them on here

• Like 6

Thing is ,the reason you would keep a bull cross isn't for "all round" lurcher work.

But for what they are bred for MOST other crosses would not stand a chance ,yes we have all seen the odd collie cross or what ever do this or do that but they are the exception rather than the rule . So those who want that type ,will continue to have their bull crosses regardless of whether they get a thumbs up off a few lads that dislike them on here

That's the point I'm making roybo. They are never going to be a general allrounder type, but when you get, and you do, people saying 'my bull x catches r h f d, pre ban, well, was it actually a proper bull x? I don't think so.

And as for thumbs up or likes, I really couldn't give a flying f**k who likes or dislikes what I have to say about bull crosses, honestly. And I've seen ALOT more than the odd collie cross taking foxes, very regularly, and taking rabbits and hares on the same night, and deer, which a bull x wouldn't have the speed to get up to, which didn't bounce back off a fence into the dog.

I agree they do have a place , but it isn't as a general lurcher which can/could take all quarry.

• Like 4

As you say you will know the "odd" collie that will do a bull crosses job and there IS bull crosses that can catch all the game you said ,maybe with the exception of hares regularly.although on the lamp anything is possible,and regards to the speed there are bull crosses that are racy and quick enough to catch most ,they don't have to be heavy.

For the record my older bitch has caught all you said and there is only bull and greyhound in her history ,does that mean she's not a "proper" bull cross

That's the point I'm making roybo. They are never going to be a general allrounder type, but when you get, and you do, people saying 'my bull x catches r h f d, pre ban, well, was it actually a proper bull x? I don't think so.

And as for thumbs up or likes, I really couldn't give a flying f**k who likes or dislikes what I have to say about bull crosses, honestly. And I've seen ALOT more than the odd collie cross taking foxes, very regularly, and taking rabbits and hares on the same night, and deer, which a bull x wouldn't have the speed to get up to, which didn't bounce back off a fence into the dog.

I agree they do have a place , but it isn't as a general lurcher which can/could take all quarry.

my main point being in ANY cross their will be limitations you just have to tip the limitations in your favour and work them accordingly, I certainly wouldn't be blinkered and discount a dog because of what was in his make up .

Work what suits what you do it's that simple.

I'd gamble a racy bull cross would be quicker than a heavy collie cross but people want to keep both and are happy with what they have.

• Like 1

As you say you will know the "odd" collie that will do a bull crosses job and there IS bull crosses that can catch all the game you said ,maybe with the exception of hares regularly.although on the lamp anything is possible,and regards to the speed there are bull crosses that are racy and quick enough to catch most ,they don't have to be heavy.

For the record my older bitch has caught all you said and there is only bull and greyhound in her history ,does that mean she's not a "proper" bull cross

This could go on and on lol. I don't mean the 'odd collie x' doing a bull x's job, I never said that. And there certainly WON'T be a bull/grey catching hares or most deer in this country that hasen't rebounded off a fence etc, even on the lamp. Seen plenty of collie crosses, I/2 X, but mostly 3/4 breds taking fox very regularly, as well as other quarry, and on the same night. But I do agree with you to a certain point, there obviously are some racily built 1/2 bull x's about, but they still aren't going to be fast enough to catch as much as most other types, especially some of the heavier types of bull x's. Big difference to a lurcher with an 1/8th bull as well as a drop of other blood and grey, to a 1st x bull grey.

Anyway, how is your bitch bred, 5/8 grey 3/8 bull?

This could go on and on lol. I don't mean the 'odd collie x' doing a bull x's job, I never said that. And there certainly WON'T be a bull/grey catching hares or most deer in this country that hasen't rebounded off a fence etc, even on the lamp. Seen plenty of collie crosses, I/2 X, but mostly 3/4 breds taking fox very regularly, as well as other quarry, and on the same night. But I do agree with you to a certain point, there obviously are some racily built 1/2 bull x's about, but they still aren't going to be fast enough to catch as much as most other types, especially some of the heavier types of bull x's. Big difference to a lurcher with an 1/8th bull as well as a drop of other blood and grey, to a 1st x bull grey.

Shark I agree with most of what you say but if you don't think there are bull crosses out there that could catch hare and deer preban then you ain't seen a good one mate.

• Like 7

Shark I agree with most of what you say but if you don't think there are bull crosses out there that could catch hare and deer preban then you ain't seen a good one mate.

If I breed a dog that's 1/8 bull and 1/7 grey it's still a bull X. But I'd reckon that would have the speed to catch everything on this island.

Many years ago I saw a first cross bull/grey catch everything you have described.

Haha your jist pised off that you need a bullx to feel hard haha fook sake most lurchers can do there job lol most bullx are shown pony's haha

I don't have to feel hard horses for courses and each breed of lurcher has its own job to do so stop spoiling threads by chatting crap

Why you getting all defensive? Yours must be fatter than ypur usual shit bullx haha you aint even put a put a pic up yet you all bothered lol go on show us yours haha

like I said, most if not nearly all bullx are shittier than shit itself

do you go on every thread just to chat shit you sound like a little kid in a mans world now go away and watch cbbies

• Like 1

You're correct gaz, I've NEVER seen a good 1st x bull grey, and that's what I've been trying to say lol. But I do like bull type dogs, apart from english bull terriers lol. Never mind, life's too short. And anyway, it's only peoples likes and preferences at the end of the day.

Right, I'm off to walk me canary :thumbs:

• Like 1