Viz,s New Wolf

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oops

Well got a call from my bro Ziz to day to say he had a new wolf so when i finished work off i went to his to have a look and a play with the wolf well i must say im very impressed with it as i was Dav

Probably the best air rifle ever made   atvbmac :thumbs:

Posted Images

Well tried a wolf today of a bipod and yes nice to shoot the switch is nice , i call it a switch and not a trigger because that is what it is .

It was a older model and the bolt is very nice to pull out but pushing the last 15mm in came very ,very stiff . , Picked it up and tried to shoot it off the knee ,my god the thing is heavy and not that well balanced for me . the owner said the worse thing about it , is the s**t mags ,his words not mine .

Apparently daystate are tell rfd's now to tell customers not to try and reload a pellet when shooting at upwards angle because of the pellet dropping into the hammer , at least they have recognized they have this problem now . When i had this problem they told me it was my fault , as if

Would i buy one NO manly because the weight ,length , mag , the harper slingshot valve and the problem with loading a pellet at a angle more than 30 degree .

If you watch Matt Manning from the shooting show , he loads his pellets singley in his daystate and not use the mag . I wonder why !!

sorry about hijacking your post viz

been rained off so i thought id have a back to back soot off with the hw100 and the wolf....both in .177

attachicon.gifFullSizeRender.jpg

both on the money with jsb express 7.87g

attachicon.gifFullSizeRender_1.jpg

the left side are two seven shot strings with the 100 off a bipod with true zero cos i only got it back sat morning!

right side two ten shot strings/mags... no bipod shot prone with 1md of hold over cos I'm not changing my zero,

the bottom one was done using the green i/r because it was hard to see the m/d!!

no favouritism , tried my bast with both... this is the only one I've done too :thumbs:

i think most of your faults can be put down to one thing vm!!

the cocking with the express is no where near as smooth as it is with longer pellets... i.e. heavys or bis mags!

the stumpy express do not pass the pellet band and will cause props with tree work as they have nothing holding them back and when loading the last part of the cycle is pushing the pellet over the band!

i had a few sessions last week on the tress and no problems at all with the two mentioned!

and your right about the trigger being a switch but i like this cos its got a true fist stage and the second being like a switch means I'm not pulling shots :victory:

the wolf maybe overpriced and the after service sh!t but when you suss whats what and get to grips with it its one hell of a rifle and i know which ones the keeper

atb si

Never used the Express pellets in daystate guns only HW guns And most at the gun club said it can be a problem with daystate guns but there is a easy fix for it and can't believe daystate hasn't done anything about ,these words came from the RFD who comes up the club who sells daystate guns

Well tried a wolf today of a bipod and yes nice to shoot the switch is nice , i call it a switch and not a trigger because that is what it is .

It was a older model and the bolt is very nice to pull out but pushing the last 15mm in came very ,very stiff . , Picked it up and tried to shoot it off the knee ,my god the thing is heavy and not that well balanced for me . the owner said the worse thing about it , is the s**t mags ,his words not mine .

Apparently daystate are tell rfd's now to tell customers not to try and reload a pellet when shooting at upwards angle because of the pellet dropping into the hammer , at least they have recognized they have this problem now . When i had this problem they told me it was my fault , as if

Would i buy one NO manly because the weight ,length , mag , the harper slingshot valve and the problem with loading a pellet at a angle more than 30 degree .

If you watch Matt Manning from the shooting show , he loads his pellets singley in his daystate and not use the mag . I wonder why !!

sorry about hijacking your post viz

been rained off so i thought id have a back to back soot off with the hw100 and the wolf....both in .177

attachicon.gifFullSizeRender.jpg

both on the money with jsb express 7.87g

attachicon.gifFullSizeRender_1.jpg

the left side are two seven shot strings with the 100 off a bipod with true zero cos i only got it back sat morning!

right side two ten shot strings/mags... no bipod shot prone with 1md of hold over cos I'm not changing my zero,

the bottom one was done using the green i/r because it was hard to see the m/d!!

no favouritism , tried my bast with both... this is the only one I've done too :thumbs:

i think most of your faults can be put down to one thing vm!!

the cocking with the express is no where near as smooth as it is with longer pellets... i.e. heavys or bis mags!

the stumpy express do not pass the pellet band and will cause props with tree work as they have nothing holding them back and when loading the last part of the cycle is pushing the pellet over the band!

i had a few sessions last week on the tress and no problems at all with the two mentioned!

and your right about the trigger being a switch but i like this cos its got a true fist stage and the second being like a switch means I'm not pulling shots :victory:

the wolf maybe overpriced and the after service sh!t but when you suss whats what and get to grips with it its one hell of a rifle and i know which ones the keeper :thumbs:

atb si

What ,the HW100 :yes::whistling::laugh:

I got rid of my hw100 when I bought my wolf because it just wasn't getting used

And I loved my hw100, but the wolf is pinpoint accurate, I think they had trouble with early mags

I've never had any with mine it loads effortlessly and is very very quiet

• Like 2

Hmmm :hmm:

A lot of people slagged off a gun I might suggest -

It needs no batteries,

It needs no buddie bottles,

It needs no switches, or anything other than how it comes,- unless you want a tune, -- here you go,-- :whistling:

Whoops, nearly forgot !!! - the set up is some £1500 + " cheaper" than the Wolf you know :laugh: ( no dis - respect intended)

Using Express 7.87 gn pellets, the results were embarrassing :icon_redface:

post-85710-0-43871000-1471898223.jpg

post-85710-0-55264300-1471898250.jpg

"Only reminding"

atb

p.s. the AA after sales, I`m told, is second to none,- if it helps I have never heard of anyone "I know" needing them but have read on the forums that they are superb when required.

Fec this lads

Daystate have made some mistakes in there time, mainly the mid range rifles , ( no disrespect simion )

And I will whole heartedly agree that , they need to sort them selfs out

I will agree with Mitch , and simion that there after service is shit , and that they will loose sales , by the bucket loads

If this really does not improve

Daystate have Tryed to be top dog in the market , and have not succeeded, and it's simple to work out

They need to take care of existing customers, with out any gripe, befor they can hope to get , new ones

If they don't then there feced , and it will go down hill , there's allways , da but

My wolf is top dollar , end of,

Never let me down , may be I'm the lucky one , I don't know , but until the day comes that I consider it shit

I will stand

By my wolf and not daystate , if that makes any sense at all

The lads that have took the plunge , and spent good dollar , so far are happy with there purchase

Just waiting on Sean for his comments, and he will be truthful, end of !

Yea si with his grouping , there an't much differentence , but it all down to what feels good

And excites you when you shoot ,

At the end of the day , when you take aim , and hit the mark , it's self satisfaction, yove practiced

And learnt the extion that's at the end of your arm , it really don't matter , what make , model , what call!,

If your happy , then for fec sake go enjoy , and be happy

That your a live , to do this glorious thing we all call hunting

I've really got to stop,drinking these cans in this fecin hotel room

Atb

Boys

Dave

• Like 3

Most PCP guns are just as good as each other ,whether you pay £350 or £1800 . We all like different guns and good job we do , but when a gun and company have let you down ,it leaves a very bitter taste in your mouth and even worse when you have paid top ££££££££££££££££ for a gun .

As you probably know by now i have not got a good word to say about their guns or as a company and i will still stand by my statement and say, they are overrated and over priced , that's my opinion and many other too

Yes Mitch

It's a democracy that we live in , and you won't be shot for your opinion, at least by a daystate , lol

Atb Mitch

Ps

What happened to your new team Sunday ,

Not had a very good start have they ,at least villa haven't lost yet and playing far better football than the last few seasons , you never know we might go straight back up :toast::laugh:

• Like 1