Out Of Town

Old Jack Hargreaves sitting in his shed, all decked out with fishing gear, rabbiting gear, puffing away on his pipe, i loved this

program as a kid, i can remember hearing the theme song start playing, and i'd shot into the front room, and see the two shire

horses pulling that cart, and get all excited wondering what he would be doing that week...

it was usually ferreting, fishing, pigeon shooting, which ever one, was a joy to watch for me, ahhh....the good old days...when

you did all this, smoked your pipe, and still be considered sociable....

the only bummer was....it was only on for half an hour a time....it was never enough.... :cray:

anyone else got their memory's of the program...

• Like 9

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Old Jack Hargreaves sitting in his shed, all decked out with fishing gear, rabbiting gear, puffing away on his pipe, i loved this   program as a kid, i can remember hearing the theme song start pla

TC

The 80s was a time before political correctness reared its ugly head Jack Hargreaves was a master at keeping you interested on country matters, unmissable on my part that guy knew his stuff. Jacks gam

Loved it , tillylamp I can relate to everything your saying . . Didn't he take some old boy fishing on his 100th birthday ??

Yes he did and the old boy fell asleep. They woke him when he had a bite and let him catch it. I've got them all and watch them now and then. Normally on on a Sunday after The Big Match I think? Making cider was a good one. I bet they were pissed at the end of filming. A bygone era gone forever but at least we can watch it when we like. I wouldn't mind getting hold of "Clarrissa and the Countryman" series but believe it's virtually impossible?
  • Like 2

https://youtu.be/Y2dpq4sExgs

As soon as Out Of Town finished And I heard the next program knew it was time for me to go outside. My father would've been out early coursing or with the terriers and he'd go to the pub for a couple after . I'd go round there to see if could blag a coke lol. Also hearing them themes reminds me of the smell of my mother cooking a Sunday roast . Good times ?

• Like 3

Loved Out of Town, 11 o clock on a Saturday morning.

No picture post card images of the countryside with Jack, he talked of the countryside as a working landscape.

Who can tell me the other series he done ?

How!

Nice to watch now but couldnt stand it as a kid to be honest...i grew up in the country wasnt really interested in some old fart in a shed doing what i could go outside and do myself (used to get it mixed up with that other old thing called Bygones)...stuff like tiswaz and peter cookes Revolver caught my attention around that time