Section One Shotgun

A section 2 certificate is a shotgun certificate on which you can have as many "normal" shotguns as you like.

A section 1 certificate is a firearms certificate on which you can hold the firearms you have permission to acquire. Section 1 shotguns are generally those holding more than 2 shots in the mag.

Note you can't hold a regular shotgun on a section 1 certificate and vice versa.

Easily done now they have 2 forms in one, but it's harder to get a S1 than a S2 shotgun, so you've done the hard bit now.

Just make sure you only look at S1s as you won't be able to buy a S2 until you get a shotgun certificate.

Pump actions I would look at Mossbergs (Mine's a 590) or Remington (870)

Semis I'd look at Benelli, Beretta, Browning, depending on budget.

Yes

your right david . there both on the same form now. and i filled it in the wrong section

it was a mistake on my behalf .but the feo under stood my needs and granted it .

he did point out tho , that a section 1 , is not very often granted on the first aplication

so i guess i got lucky

atb

• Like 1

And just remember that it is illegal to shoot game birds and wildfowl with a S1 shotgun

Isn't that only semi-autos? I thought pump action weren't mentioned in that legislation. I stand to be corrected.

You are of course quite correct. I should have made that clear in my post.

• Like 2

Other than practical shotgun is there there really any need for S1 shotgun

I have a pigeon shoot where the plowed field is 18" from a 10`x100` brick wall. I can't use a hide and can't put decoys out so have to shoot standing. First shot the pigeons take off leaving two shots, they don't come back. Hence my application for section 1 shotgun, 8 shots remaining after the first shot to scatter the birds. So in answer, there are sometimes good reasons. Oh and of course the good old BR99, that's a good enough reason ;-)