Jill Turned Crazy

So my Jill has had her first litter.

The're 5 weeks old and she has turned into a horrible nasty little bitch.I can just about manage to feed her but she will draw blood.

Last week she really had me and blood was poring from my hand.

I'm hoping it's just because she has young,and wont stay like this, she was really tame and was working and showing real promise.

That's what I'm hoping for too mate.Shes done fantastic considering it's her first litter,and while I'm trying to clean and top up the bedding, in her main area away from the kits, Im coming off worse every time lol

I hope the my misses doesn't get like this or I'm really f****d.

All Jill's are different some let you do what you need to do with no change others will give you a nip there only protecting there young I have a Jill here with Kitts 3 weeks old every time I feed her she has a go at me normally she is the most placid ferret I have.

As said it's probably her hormones but at six weeks she's maybe sore feeding her kits ? Are you giving them plenty fresh meat ? Because if there six weeks and eating and drinking fine I would remove the Jill and run them on two weeks by them selves and your Jill will return to her old self quicker

• Like 2

Just checked my diary again, 5 weeks my mistake, but shes on fresh chicken mince every other day.

kits will be well ready for some flesh now mate...get the mince into the kits and the jill might get a chance to slow down a bit and then maybe calm down.

I have two that have had young at the same time and ive splt them up from the youngsters as the kits are weaned and need handling. one jill is fine the other bites the handle of the muck shovel I have to use to stop her attacking my hand. She will be fine in a few weeks. They are amazing little b*****ds

• Like 2

As said above, most jills that turn protective soon calm down again. But I once had one turn that way that had always been really placid that never calmed back down. Six months after the kits had been weaned she was still attacking me like a tigress. I'm afraid at that point I ran out of patience and she was pts.

I have two that have had young at the same time and ive splt them up from the youngsters as the kits are weaned and need handling. one jill is fine the other bites the handle of the muck shovel I have to use to stop her attacking my hand. She will be fine in a few weeks. They are amazing little b*****ds

Hi kieth how you doing.