Swollen Front Leg.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dont lamp her when grounds like iron bud. A good doggy man will know when to hold em back just as well as knowing when to pull the trigger. Get some deep heat rubbed into her leg and rest her atb

This is exactly what I have been saying WHY would anyone take a Lurcher lamping this time of year ??? I am sorry to hear about ur dog mate but I don't know what else you would expect

The swelling has pretty much gone this morning...no pain no limping...so all good...

Dont lamp her when grounds like iron bud. A good doggy man will know when to hold em back just as well as knowing when to pull the trigger. Get some deep heat rubbed into her leg and rest her atb

Edited by cold pint
  • Like 2

Just noticed my pups leg is swollen quite bad after taking her out for a few runs last night to learn the lamp game..eny advise from you in the know...?

This is exactly what I have been saying WHY would anyone take a Lurcher lamping this time of year ???

I am sorry to hear about ur dog mate but I don't know what else you would expect

• Like 2

Just noticed my pups leg is swollen quite bad after taking her out for a few runs last night to learn the lamp game..eny advise from you in the know...?

This is exactly what I have been saying WHY would anyone take a Lurcher lamping this time of year ???

I am sorry to hear about ur dog mate but I don't know what else you would expect

Don’t really agree mate, we have hard ground all year round, like concrete from spring onwards and the dogs are fine. We don’t have a season and run them all year round average temp here is 25 c Why do you think that is ??? Just a question.

More than likely hit a stone, or a sprain it happens. Keep your eye on it, ice is good idea. does it feel hot ? If she isnt limping could be as you say a thistle

Don’t really agree mate, we have hard ground all year round, like concrete from spring onwards and the dogs are fine. We don’t have a season and run them all year round average temp here is 25 c Why do you think that is ??? Just a question.

what breeding is your dogs ?

what breeding is your dogs ?

Whippet x Deerhound/grey and a pure. my pure whippet got pts last month he was 14 still going just

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLh8UJ_XQbQ

KT2nfL7.jpg

As someone said above mate Ice water.

Fill a bucket with water and as much ice as you can get your hands on and hold her leg in it for 10 mins. It will fetch the swelling down whatever the injury is. Done it myself for broken ankle last couple weeks.

Fingers crossed its just a knock and nothing serious.