Busher100

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Couple more of ours

Had a great little hunt last night local big heavy double ditch.was just out for a walk.if lurcher wasnt lose i would have left run accidents happen thou.  

Posted Images

Ok i might add another runner to my pack soon to retrieve fox and do rabbit must be under 24tts , I work mainly small 1 acre patches so it needs to have good acceleration any suggestions lads?

Busher, don't get to hung up on size, its speed you are after and anything thats well bred for speed will have a high catch rate, every bitch (runner) I've ever owned has been fast, this bitch now is quick but with stamina to burn and with lurchers its not an exact science,the more thats in the mix then they can go to any breed in there, my mate from Crew put two 19" whippets together, I took a dog pup for my mate at 7weeks,they all looked level and the one I got my mate turned out 29"TTS,the rest of the litter were 19-20inch, most decent lurchers that get out bushing regular will soon anticipate where the quarry will bolt and not much gets away, my only advice is don't get anything smooth coated for this type of work unless you are a rich man, good luck, WM

Ok i might add another runner to my pack soon to retrieve fox and do rabbit must be under 24tts , I work mainly small 1 acre patches so it needs to have good acceleration any suggestions lads?

Busher, don't get to hung up on size, its speed you are after and anything thats well bred for speed will have a high catch rate, every bitch (runner) I've ever owned has been fast, this bitch now is quick but with stamina to burn and with lurchers its not an exact science,the more thats in the mix then they can go to any breed in there, my mate from Crew put two 19" whippets together, I took a dog pup for my mate at 7weeks,they all looked level and the one I got my mate turned out 29"TTS,the rest of the litter were 19-20inch, most decent lurchers that get out bushing regular will soon anticipate where the quarry will bolt and not much gets away, my only advice is don't get anything smooth coated for this type of work unless you are a rich man, good luck, WM

Two 19" dogs threw a 29" pup? That's freaky. Lol

Its feet were rubbish but he could catch hares,there was obviously some greyhound in the mix to get the larger dog but you could not tell looking at the parents,I took my mate back to see him with his dog when it was about 18months old and even he was at a loss to explain it because the lad I got it for had lost a whippet from old age and just wanted a replacement for the kids but it was like DIGBY the worlds biggest dog,Lols,WM

• Like 1

I dont like big dogs mate, 24tts would be biggest i would go for but i aslo lamp my dogs and with my whippet at 19.5tts and 25 pounds is quite limited in what she can do i want a lurcher that is quick and nimble but can do it all rabbit fox hare and deer all taken lawfully of course. I was thinking f1 beddy grey x f1 saluki grey?