Fao Carl/ Airtech. What's Happening With My Regal??

The way things are going with work David, you might be right there! Haven't been out much at all this summer, what with the poor weather as well as the time out I can't get away with.

Still, I'll be down to pick it up by next week and we'll see what he's done with it for sure.

Missing my pal Bigmac too. I want him down here for a session on the rabbits on my perms with me, when we can sort it.

All the best.

Simon

When we do get some thing sorted we can have a day out with Phil as well on the pigeons with the shot guns

Im away back to Scarborough at the end of September for the week end

so we can sort some thing out after that bro

Its hard being in so much demand lol :laugh::whistling:

atvbjimmy :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A lot of problems can be solved by talking to each other rather than about each other.

sorry guys i dont look on the site often. yes i agree my communication skills are shit i need to address these better i feel. where a lot of the problems come from are i get many messages/e mails and

FINALLY!   Had word back from Carl, my Regal will be finished today. So emailed him to sort out when convenient to come down to pick it up and pay him!     I guess there will be a wait for that

FINALLY! :icon_eek:

Had word back from Carl, my Regal will be finished today. So emailed him to sort out when convenient to come down to pick it up and pay him!

I guess there will be a wait for that response! :hmm:

Simon

Have you had chance to shoot the Regal yet?

FINALLY! :icon_eek:

Had word back from Carl, my Regal will be finished today. So emailed him to sort out when convenient to come down to pick it up and pay him!

I guess there will be a wait for that response! :hmm:

Simon

Have you had chance to shoot the Regal yet?

Yeah, c'mon Simon. The suspense is killing me :)

• Like 1

I recently dropped my R10 off to him and he told me 10 to 14 day turn around and I didnt hear a thing so after 3 weeks I tried phoning e-mail and text no reply.

So I drove over and when I got there he couldnt find it!! after 20 mins of searching we found it hidden in amongst a pile of boxes but fair play to the guy he dropped what he was doing and stripped it down and I watched him machine the regulator block out and build a new one from scratch.

I returned 2 days later and he re assembled the action in front of me pointing out all of the work that he had done along with the new shroud he had asked me to bring the scope so that he could machine a couple of risers to enable the scope to clear the new shroud then it was put over the chrono and 50 pellets put through it .

Now it shoots like a dream and he gave me a little discount all in all I would have no hesitation in recommending him his attention to detail is second to none and it was a joy to watch him work

• Like 1

I recently dropped my R10 off to him and he told me 10 to 14 day turn around and I didnt hear a thing so after 3 weeks I tried phoning e-mail and text no reply.

So I drove over and when I got there he couldnt find it!! after 20 mins of searching we found it hidden in amongst a pile of boxes but fair play to the guy he dropped what he was doing and stripped it down and I watched him machine the regulator block out and build a new one from scratch.

I returned 2 days later and he re assembled the action in front of me pointing out all of the work that he had done along with the new shroud he had asked me to bring the scope so that he could machine a couple of risers to enable the scope to clear the new shroud then it was put over the chrono and 50 pellets put through it .

Now it shoots like a dream and he gave me a little discount all in all I would have no hesitation in recommending him his attention to detail is second to none and it was a joy to watch him work

If a job can be sorted as quick as that, why is there such a wait. Carl has had my R10 since the 24 June, still waiting. Might be ok if you can visit in person, but I live too far away. Have sent numerous pm's, text's, email and phoned. He has called twice, but still waiting. Was told by him, that his wife takes in and records the guns and the puts them in the safe, he then takes the next one in line and does the job, now not so sure that's correct

I would certainly not question his knowledge or workmanship, but my perms are asking me where I am

so after 3 wks had he not even started work on it ?

sorry guys i dont look on the site often. yes i agree my communication skills are shit i need to address these better i feel. where a lot of the problems come from are i get many messages/e mails and other messages sent to me every day its hard to keep trak on things. many messages i read while im out waiting at resturants etc. i read the message and think yes i need get and sort that out. but by time i have finished reading all other messages and got back home i have forgotten. but not intentially. unfortunatly over this year i have had many issues not only with a death that is in the past. but from blacking tanks to machinery breaking down etc. im the only person here to fix or sort these issues out. i would love to take someone on. and teach them how to do things as when im finished i have noone to hand it too. but finding that person is as good as impossible. if a rifle goes well that im working on it can take me 2 days thats if i have everything in made up. but if i have to make parts up that can add another 2 days but if the rifle is giving me a hard time it can easily be 2 weeks. the blacking tank issue I had was getting out of hand I had some big old blacking tanks hadn't used them for many years when I decided to start using them again they leaked all over the place so I had some smaller tanks made. while I was waiting for new burner bars etc I was using every blacking company with in a 60 mile radius of me. many would do a sample that was ok ish until I gave them 20 plus items to do all would be scratched or the blacking was shit.i wont use any item on any rifle I do that does not look right. all this put me back on work by months not days. again that's in the past but it all has to be accounted for in terms of time. I now have all the blacking tanks working again and the blacking is second to none the quality is excellent. all machinery is working as it should. so I'm hoping I can get to start making some stock items this should make things more quicker in the future. with the daystate regals I had in while I was doing the reg for that rifle I made 3 extra regs so now I have some spare regal regs. the bsa ultra air cylinders I have a good 20 in stock of most lengths so again I have stock. but one thing I still need to sort out is my communications. most easy way to get me is text me DO NOT LEAVE A VOICE MESSAGE AS I NEVER LISTEN TO ANY MESSAGES ON MY PHONE you would be waiting years on that one. a text message is always there for me to see. other things that annoy me is I do a rifle for someone and I contact them to say its done and the rifle is still with me some times months later. I could have spent this time doing someone elses rifle so no voice messages just text me if I don't pick up the phone 07778295542

Edited by airtech
  • Like 3

And me :yes:

And me I always like to see feed back good or bad it gives me a insight to what people are looking for in there rifles this helps me in the future

I have vouched for your work Carl on many occasions . The shroud you made me is absolutely brilliant :thumbs:

Carl, even though I have not used your services, your reputation here and on other sites is second to none and it will be only a matter of time before I do make the call to you. I know some people are not very good at keeping in touch which in turn p1sses people off who are waiting because they are looking forward to getting their guns back after the upgrades but it is good to see you admit that aspect of your work is not your best forte but I have never heard anyone say even the slightest bad thing about the workmanship.

I was sorry to hear of the death in your wife's family a little while ago and when they live so far away, if my memory serves me well, it makes things very difficult to support your wife and at the same time look after the business. Times goes by and the world still turns leaving behind fond memories of those who have been lost, I hope you and your family are starting to get your lives back in order and wish you well in the future.

Oh yes, don't be a stranger on here Carl as I am certain the guys including myself will benefit from your input.

Best regards

Phil