Pure Saluki Pups, Ireland ?

Is their anyone in Ireland in the next 2 years, going to breed pure working salukis does anyone know ?

Id say their as rare as hens teeth ??

I know their is a few show bred ones about, then again, do most pures work, if given the right upbringing ?

As after all, they were bred for hunting ?

• Like 1

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone planning a pure litter in Ireland lol

Have you tried stand up comedy?

Comparing spaniels and other gun dogs to Salukis is like comparing chalk and cheese, I've never had any problems with stock worrying or recall for that matter and to suggest a dog that has been unchan

best pup never in right place or at right time, to hazard a random guess Id say your far better buying in the uk, than Ireland more likely to get one bred right way that's just my honest opinion, little point starting with the wrong stock,

• Like 2

piece of advice if you want to keep your sanity don't go near salukis.they are the most intractable dog I have ever come across.thick as a plank most of them.will hunt when they want to.you cant chastise them for anything they just scream like a banshee.hard dogs to break to stock as well.try and get a one third cross saluki to a collie or something with brains.these dogs broke my heart great at chasing hares and then f***ing off and coming back when they felt like it.just in case you think I couldn't train them.i have trained spaniels and cockers to field trial standard.and no problem training other lurchers and terriers.save your money for something that will work everything.

piece of advice if you want to keep your sanity don't go near salukis.they are the most intractable dog I have ever come across.thick as a plank most of them.will hunt when they want to.you cant chastise them for anything they just scream like a banshee.hard dogs to break to stock as well.try and get a one third cross saluki to a collie or something with brains.these dogs broke my heart great at chasing hares and then f***ing off and coming back when they felt like it.just in case you think I couldn't train them.i have trained spaniels and cockers to field trial standard.and no problem training other lurchers and terriers.save your money for something that will work everything.

are you for real?..i have 3 saluki x's had 1 pure,have no issues at all with obedience,as for working everything,check out the other saluki posts,they might not be the best,but they try their hardest,and thats all i want,,i will say when they are hot on the tracks of something they do zone out,and no chance of stopping them when in pursuit but would ye want a dog that can be stopped in mid course?

• Like 2

• Like 5

Comparing spaniels and other gun dogs to Salukis is like comparing chalk and cheese, I've never had any problems with stock worrying or recall for that matter and to suggest a dog that has been unchanged for thousands of years is thick, is plain naive or stupid. Also why would you chastise a dog to the point it screams, people who don't or can't understand something always ridicule it.

Collies and spaniels are biddable, they crave attention and have to be given direction all the time a saluki trained properly knows this. Also a Salukis behaviour is more feline than canine, they often will only give themselves to one member of the family showering their chosen master with love and affection. This has been the case with many Salukis that we've had.

Nice reply Ali by the way.

• Like 4

best pup never in right place or at right time, to hazard a random guess Id say your far better buying in the uk, than Ireland more likely to get one bred right way that's just my honest opinion, little point starting with the wrong stock,

are you for real?..i have 3 saluki x's had 1 pure,have no issues at all with obedience,as for working everything,check out the other saluki posts,they might not be the best,but they try their hardest,and thats all i want,,i will say when they are hot on the tracks of something they do zone out,and no chance of stopping them when in pursuit but would ye want a dog that can be stopped in mid course?

Comparing spaniels and other gun dogs to Salukis is like comparing chalk and cheese, I've never had any problems with stock worrying or recall for that matter and to suggest a dog that has been unchanged for thousands of years is thick, is plain naive or stupid. Also why would you chastise a dog to the point it screams, people who don't or can't understand something always ridicule it.

Collies and spaniels are biddable, they crave attention and have to be given direction all the time a saluki trained properly knows this. Also a Salukis behaviour is more feline than canine, they often will only give themselves to one member of the family showering their chosen master with love and affection. This has been the case with many Salukis that we've had.

:thumbs: :thumbs:

:laugh: :laugh: ............. :D

Edited by Saluki246

Great post.

Reading too many bedtime fairy tales

• Like 1

Reading too many bedtime fairy tales