Nettles 1St Night On The Beam

post-14922-0-87238500-1470470736_thumb.jpgpost-14922-0-86241600-1470470761_thumb.jpgpost-14922-0-94688300-1470470797_thumb.jpgpost-14922-0-34627700-1470470817_thumb.jpgWell I decided I was going to take nettle out on lamp as I been taking her out in the day with bushers & she's been working her guts out trying to catch rabbits in places where any dog would find it hard to catch as it's steep banks with loads on cover etc so thought let's get her on beam on some flat field's so me,my mate & nettle headed of & a good few of field's was high but holding plenty of rabbits which was a good sign but the weather wasnt ideal for lamping but there was a few fields that were down the so we got her a good few runs but hard that she was unlucky on but I was so pleased with how she was spotting straight from the off but did manage to get her 2 good runs in which the bitch took um in style!!! the 1st 1 she got up on turn him straight from the hedge 3 turns bang 1 in the bag retrieved to hand I was smiling from ear to ear but 2nd 1 was out of the top draw in my eyes it was a long slip bitch on it in a flash turned it come up the hedge with him the rabbit when in brambles bitch straight in behind it brought it straight back out in field turned him twice bang had him I was over the moon another retrieve to hand so onwards and upwards the only thing she was a bit of a nuisance with when a rabbit when in she was marking & trying to get in brambles but she quickly learned to come back by the end of night not 100% but she'll get there atb cbx
  • Like 9

Well done to the youngster I'm itching to get out after seeing these recent posts.

Get out there frankel. Take the bull by the nut sack. Haha

tomorrow looks decentish, might bite the bullet and go local. Even if it's to do the simple stuff like jumping in the dark and following the beam. Hopefully knack a bunny or 2 if I'm lucky
  • Like 2

Cheers lads & SWUN it's 1st time I've ever had a colliebullgrey mate & I'm getting on great with her so far & she's a quicker learner which is a bonus but she seems to have plenty of drive to mate but only the future will tell mate atb cbx

Cheers lads & SWUN it's 1st time I've ever had a colliebullgrey mate & I'm getting on great with her so far & she's a quicker learner which is a bonus but she seems to have plenty of drive to mate but only the future will tell mate atb cbx

nice to hear. That what I like about collie x the most they pick things up sharp as a tack and ones ov seen all been really keen. Good luck for future with her.
  • Like 1