The Olympic Games - Rio 2016

Anyway, just watched that Chinese fella in the 56kg class lift 170kg clean and jerk! f**k me those Chinks dominate the lower weight classes in Olympic lifting. Very impressive.

You was up as late as me then :D that was a great competition the chap Quinquan who broke the world record is some lifter......clean and jerk is a careful balancing act between pure balls to the wall commitment and technical discipline.......to clean and jerk 3 times your body weight is some feat.

• Like 2

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On a lighter note.....   Here are the top nine comments made by NBC sports commentators so far during the Summer Olympics that they would like to take back: 1. Weightlifting commentator: "This is

Looking out for beautiful Brazilian female spectator's should just about hold my attention.......     Sorry born, I'll fcuk off now......

Well I've tried, but I really am already bored shitless by the Olympics.......how much longer is it on for?

i must admit, i don't like all of the events, but the ones that keep me watching are.....track and field, gymnastics, swimming, diving, the boxing was a bit of a let down, the ones i saw only had three, three minute rounds, and some looked knackered after a round, iv'e seen better scraps in the play ground back at school, i don't watch any of the out door cycling, it bores me to tears, like the tour de france, also bmx, i suppose if it's not your thing, your stuffed for a few weeks....

What's that Accip, you want regular updates via PM of every event? I don't think we'll have much of a problem with that if we all share the load.

Haha.......I've just had my brother & his family out here for a week & they were really into it.........I made an effort so as not to appear so miserable, but they weren't fooled...haha

Edited by Accip74

Anyway, just watched that Chinese fella in the 56kg class lift 170kg clean and jerk! f**k me those Chinks dominate the lower weight classes in Olympic lifting. Very impressive.

You was up as late as me then :D that was a great competition the chap Quinquan who broke the world record is some lifter......clean and jerk is a careful balancing act between pure balls to the wall commitment and technical discipline.......to clean and jerk 3 times your body weight is some feat.

I'd like to say I was up late watching it all, but I caught it on catch up. For someone (me) who's shit at cleans and front squats I can really appreciate how incredible such a lift is. To throw yourself under a bar weighing over 3 times your BW and go ass to grass like that is ballsy! As you say, committed!

• Like 1

I'd like to say I was up late watching it all, but I caught it on catch up. For someone (me) who's shit at cleans and front squats I can really appreciate how incredible such a lift is. To throw yourself under a bar weighing over 3 times your BW and go ass to grass like that is ballsy! As you say, committed!

They have great physical strength with the mindset to match it, if you think you can't lift it you won't. I can't begin to imagine myself trying to lift 321kg....

Decent day for Team GB yesterday.

Men sychro 3m spring board, Jack Laugher and Chris Mears taking gold. For me that's a particularly impressive achievement considering "The Chinese have dominated the sport for decades, having topped the medal table for seven successive Olympic Games and eight World Championships".

• Like 1

I've got half an eye on the Women's Hockey. Little way to go yet but our ladies are top of their group. Local farmer's daughter is in the team. Be nice to see them beat their London '12 bronze!

They've beaten the London silver medalist's, the Argies. The Dutch are in the other group, who are Beijing and London gold medalists.

Edited by Born Hunter