The Olympic Games - Rio 2016

Well, who's looking forward to this spectacle over the coming weeks? I believe the opening ceremony is midnight tonight.

It's probably the only sporting event that I actually have a bit of passion for. I'm not a mad keen follower of the athletes or sports but I do love the Olympics. The diverse mix of disciplines, sporting excellence, the grandeur of it all.

Other than the bread and butter track and field events I really enjoy the gymnastics, weightlifting and swimming. I can even get into the sailing and rowing. There must be a few amateur boxing fans on here too?

What's everyone's thoughts?

• Like 1

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On a lighter note.....   Here are the top nine comments made by NBC sports commentators so far during the Summer Olympics that they would like to take back: 1. Weightlifting commentator: "This is

Looking out for beautiful Brazilian female spectator's should just about hold my attention.......     Sorry born, I'll fcuk off now......

Looking out for beautiful Brazilian female spectator's should just about hold my attention.......

Sorry born, I'll fcuk off now......

I think there's a transgender in the opening ceremony. Fill ya boots! :laugh:

There's Gisele too mind. :whistling::icon_redface:

• Like 1

I will be watching the English 7's in the rugby. What a fecking joke team GB.

TC

James Davies and Sam Cross are Welsh and Mark Bennett is Scottish, so not entirely English. iirc wasn't it England's 7s that got GB qualified?

TC

James Davies and Sam Cross are Welsh and Mark Bennett is Scottish, so not entirely English. iirc wasn't it England's 7s that got GB qualified?

18 in the squad 2 Welsh 2 Scot's you do the maths.

TC

TC

18 in the squad 2 Welsh 2 Scot's you do the maths.

TC

Do the maths on how many players each Union as to pick from, I'm not saying that it's fair but England have a good 7s team compared to us and Scotland in fairness. What about the last British Lions being mostly Welsh, imo they were picked because they were better than there counterparts I'd like to think team GB was the same.

Anyway for next few weeks I'm team GB and I'm not bothered what part of this island they come from. ;)

• Like 3

I love the Olympics fair play, for most of the reasons that Sheldon already highlighted. I'll be having a look at the opening ceremony as always.

Ha ha laughed at that one, Sheldon. If the cap fits.....

• Like 3