Limping Over Cut

hi lads am bit worried as my bitch cut her foot on glass just below her front left stopper comin up to a week ago . was bleeding fare bit any ways I washed it daily best I could . thing is about a day later she start limping an holding up her leg the cit is healed over couple days an limp an holding up persists with no sign of easing . . checked it for anythin stuck in it when it happend couldnt find anything ... has me worried tbh tendons ligments an all . .

waiting see if it eases then brian jones vet as soon as he in dublin ... any one have any similar injury or problems that came out ok

I remember a lad I used to mooch out with had the same and when he had it X-rayed there were tiny fragments of glass still in there and it had healed over.

Horrible stuff glass. Hope you get her sorted ok.

be with vet saterday . tbh id be happy if that was case google is worring me flexor tendons blah blah blah panicing I am would she not bin limping from the time it happened

I remember a lad I used to mooch out with had the same and when he had it X-rayed there were tiny fragments of glass still in there and it had healed over.

be with vet saterday . tbh id be happy if that was case google is worring me flexor tendons blah blah blah panicing I am would she not bin limping from the time it happened

If it was tendon damage you would think she would be holding it up straight away. Not a day later.

It could be glass or shit in there and it swelled up inside 24 hours later which caused her to go lame on it.

But it's just a guess. Could be anything really mate.

If it was tendon damage you would think she would be holding it up straight away. Not a day later.

It could be glass or shit in there and it swelled up inside 24 hours later which caused her to go lame on it.

But it's just a guess. Could be anything really mate.

was thinking that alright gaz ..

when bearing wait on it foot looks fine shes still up on her toes an stretching out the legs as normal . . pray all is good cjeers

• Like 1

You say the foot is warm, is it swollen? most cuts heal from the bottom up so will take time for her to get over a bit of discomfort. .Most dogs are hard as nails while working but can make a drama when not

Edited by desertbred

Some lurchers do limp for a while after a good cut. The get used to limping for a while and carry on with it after it heals, best thing to do to see if it is glass, is walk the dog on the lead for a few miles, don't let it off the lead, the idea is to get the dog walking properly while it has it mind on other things, like being let off the lead. If it still limps when you get back, then there may be something left in the pad. Try this for a couple of days and see how you go, I wouldn't let the dog off the lead until you know for sure.

Some lurchers do limp for a while after a good cut. The get used to limping for a while and carry on with it after it heals, best thing to do to see if it is glass, is walk the dog on the lead for a few miles, don't let it off the lead, the idea is to get the dog walking properly while it has it mind on other things, like being let off the lead. If it still limps when you get back, then there may be something left in the pad. Try this for a couple of days and see how you go, I wouldn't let the dog off the lead until you know for sure.

had her out on short lead walk earlier .. was like she walked it off just barely limping every few stops she would hold it up on an off .. back rested up back hoppin on three legs for few mins then putting wait on it again ... after many scans off her paw pads toes nothing no resisting from slight pressure.. under and around the stopper is were the pain seems to be with her . talked to vet this morn on phone explained my situation . meeting him tomorrow .. he said she wouldnt be applying pressure if was tendon damage an mentioned tendon infection but wouldnt know till he has look.
  • Like 1

back in vet in morn .got no were last week as there was a stand in vet left as puzzled ass [BANNED TEXT] I first went in .. found myself puttin words into his mouth . he was mentioning sprains strains evan after I had told him it happened from glass an it was just under her stopper pad it took me twice telling him about the cut before he and I agreed it was from cut my origanal reason in the visit and wat were my first complaints were.. how you know it was glass he says ffs so with brian himself in morn .. lame badly after every rest an after 5 mins up movin around back on all fours with a limp holding it up on an off two weeks since accident. .. no signs of healing slowly