Alright folks,

I'm looking at making my own purse nets. Considered it before but never really had the time. I'm currently off work with a broken ankle and bored out of my skull so just been watching a YouTube tutorial and figured I might aswell use my time wisely.

I've seen the kits on eBay consisting of the twine, mesh board, needle and O-rings for about £30.

Are they worth getting or would I be better sourcing the bits separately?

Cheers,

Gaz

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I've just finished my first net. Did a bit of messing about yesterday...       Then started this one today. Started at 7:30 and finished at 10:00. Not sure if that is good or bad for firs

Get your arse down here for a half day and you can have my kit and knowledge and a glass or two and a decent meal and the services of a lovely wifey nursery type person. You won't want to go back home

Plummer flushed the teddy to the net. Is that legal or not these days? ?

I have a needle and mesh board for you. I'll need to look for the board but you can have them

I'll not knitting again so I have no need for them.

That's good of you pal. Thanks a lot. What size rings did you use 1"?

I guess I can order rings and spun-poly in bulk for pretty cheap?

Thanks for the link wideboy. Will check it out. Appreciate that.

No worries, this is the company that took over Agouti Nets, a wee bit more expensive but a quick service. Decent quality spun poly as well.

Thanks for that. Why do you reccomend 3mm draw cord over 2mm. Just stronger?

Is 2" the standard board size to make 4" mesh?

Fecking hell Gaz your not evern into a week of been of your feet and you already started knitting lol

Gotta do something Navek. I'm going insane here. Used to working 60-70 plus hours a week and being out with the dogs 3 hours every day. This sitting on the sofa shit isn't for me.

• Like 1

3mm v 2mm draw cord peoples own choice, personally I like around 1.5, same with the mesh size I use a 2 1/8" mesh board for no other reason than that is what I prefer, allows a rabbit to get its head through a mesh. 2" in nylon is fine as it will stretch enough for the rabbit to get it's head through, spun poly does not have that type of stretch.

TC

• Like 1

3mm v 2mm draw cord peoples own choice, personally I like around 1.5, same with the mesh size I use a 2 1/8" mesh board for no other reason than that is what I prefer, allows a rabbit to get its head through a mesh. 2" in nylon is fine as it will stretch enough for the rabbit to get it's head through, spun poly does not have that type of stretch.

TC

Thank you for the info tiercel.

Guest Navek

Fecking hell Gaz your not evern into a week of been of your feet and you already started knitting lol

Gotta do something Navek. I'm going insane here. Used to working 60-70 plus hours a week and being out with the dogs 3 hours every day. This sitting on the sofa shit isn't for me.

yea it's not good mate when you been used to been up and out all day... You thought about buying some sheet netting off nelson on here and making yourself some 5 yard stop nets

yea it's not good mate when you been used to been up and out all day... You thought about buying some sheet netting off nelson on here and making yourself some 5 yard stop nets

5 yard stop nets? It's gonna take me a week learn to make a purse net. Haha.

It's something to think about if I get the hang of it mate.

Guest Navek

5 yard stop nets? It's gonna take me a week learn to make a purse net. Haha.

It's something to think about if I get the hang of it mate.

nelson sells 5 yard stop nets in sheet netting mate all you'd need do is run top and bottom lines in and faster to long net poles ...won't take very long but if you made a couple it would use a day up

Get your arse down here for a half day and you can have my kit and knowledge and a glass or two and a decent meal and the services of a lovely wifey nursery type person. You won't want to go back home. Lol. Oh and bring the wee one.jok

• Like 2

Get your arse down here for a half day and you can have my kit and knowledge and a glass or two and a decent meal and the services of a lovely wifey nursery type person. You won't want to go back home. Lol. Oh and bring the wee one.jok

sounds nice! Can I come? ;)
  • Like 1