Lamping, I Will Leave It To Mac

I had a go at lamping tonight as my NV is up the spout and going back for a new camera so out with the red beam. There must be more to it than I thought although the wind has been howling all day with a couple of showers and only one bunny made a show but free hand missed it. Must remember to make allowance for the fecking wind !!!!

My lamp doesn't have a switch on the stock, instead the button is on the back of the torch so I need to get a remote switch, this made it tricky and noisy. I can't see a bloody thing with the torch on lowest setting so middle or high. Bit by bit I did get more used to it and will try again perhaps when I get a remote switch.

I have an illuminated red centre cross hairs on my MTC Genesis which really was spot on with the lamp.

Live and learn

Phil

• Like 2

I for see a night with the torch and a few night targets, you can get some very cheap stick on crafty type beads that are a pearly reflective type or I'm sure I've seen some 1" fluorescent sticky dots. Then have plink to get it sussed Phil.

Hello John

I have tried that but it's not like the real thing.

I could do with an adjustable quality scope/ torch mount as I only have one of them plastic figure of 8 things and the light needs to point down a bit.

Not as easy as it looks lol

just keep at it and you will get there

now it comes down to lamps

t6

t20

t67

and so on

then as you have say,d lamp mounts

fix,d

adjustable

fig 8

clamps

beam

red

green

blue

white

the list go,s on

distance of the beam

50yrds

100yrds

150yards

200yrds

sweeping the beam

do you scan slow or do you scan fast

or a bit of both

its all down to what way and what gear suits you

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

I've got red illuminated crosshairs on my Docter scope and actually find with a red lamp I can see them better with the illumination turned off. Black on red is a better contrast. (At least for me it is).

i stick the tail switch to the air cylinder on my 100and use my thumb , works for me!

it keeps falling off the stock

i use green all the time and don't use the ir, the rec stands out well and you can trace your pellet

good luck phil, stick at it :thumbs:

atb si

• Like 1

Strange thing is Walshie, I have two illuminated scopes, on one the full cross hairs light up in red or green and these are useless but on my MTC only the centre of the cross hairs is red and this works really well. The tail switch should be here in a couple of days but there again the NV unit should be back soon and when it does, I'll be using that.

Phil