Tail Docking Liverpool

Why do lads ask this question on an open forum for everyone to see and know your buisness,unless you are in it for selling pups just do it yourself,keep what you want give surplus to your mates and keep your mouth shut.

A dog has to be micro chipped once docked in England , and now every dog has to be chipped £500 fine for not being chipped is it really that big of a deal to do thing properly???

Who is going to see your dog unless your parading it around at shows,i have at the minute 5 terriers,2 springers and a lab and i would say maybe 4-5 different people see my dogs year in year out.I understand that your laws are more severe than with us but unless you are showing your dogs to every tom dick and harry who is going to know if there docked or not or if a vet has done them or not.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why do lads ask this question on an open forum for everyone to see and know your buisness,unless you are in it for selling pups just do it yourself,keep what you want give surplus to your mates and ke

I agree to keep right side of law .We are not ashamed of our work and I would like to be able to challenge anyone who turned up at my door knowing everything is in order . I'm sure there is a list so

Wrong.. The law only says for vermin control and it's only a permission slip from land owner OR land rep,,,which can mean anyone in charge of ANY BIT OF LAND nclueding your own garden as it don't say

I agree to keep right side of law .We are not ashamed of our work and I would like to be able to challenge anyone who turned up at my door knowing everything is in order .

I'm sure there is a list somewhere of vets that will dock ,the paperwork is downloaded off the web .

• Like 2

I was really on edge about getting my terriers chipped, but I got introduced to a proper country vet who appreciates a working terrier and their uses and I've got to admit it's one of the best things I've done. My dogs are all above board and if they ever go missing or (god forbid) get stolen there's always the chance I'll get them back via their chip.

Fatman I'm like you. I'd say about 5 people see my dogs on a regular basis and I don't attend shows very often so who would know if they were docked ,chipped etc etc. But a little piece of mind does help.

• Like 1

Why do lads ask this question on an open forum for everyone to see and know your buisness,unless you are in it for selling pups just do it yourself,keep what you want give surplus to your mates and keep your mouth shut.

I agree with that, docking the easiest thing in the world to do, so do it yourself.

New laws here in Ireland too regarding micro chipping, it will be decades before it becomes the norm, it just can't be policed at the moment, lack of manpower and funds, there will be the odd one caught and made an example of,but like the TV licence, when caught you are given X amount of time to sort it.

Hunts have to get all there hounds chipped so don't see the problem with people getting their dogs chipped I know it's just another money making bollocks scheme but if it saves a load of Agro and in depth questioning then surely it's worth doing, it's inly a matter of time before police have chipping checkers

• Like 1

I believe the law in the U.K. is if you have a terrier bred for work underground and have a legally held FAC and have written permission to monitor farmland for predators there is an exemption in the tail docking bill as the terrier will be working in confined spaces (i.e) underground.

I believe the law in the U.K. is if you have a terrier bred for work underground and have a legally held FAC and have written permission to monitor farmland for predators there is an exemption in the tail docking bill as the terrier will be working in confined spaces (i.e) underground.

Correct..! ;)

Correct..! ;)

Wrong.. :laugh: The law only says for vermin control and it's only a permission slip from land owner OR land rep,,,which can mean anyone in charge of ANY BIT OF LAND nclueding your own garden as it don't say how big or small said land has to be ;) .So all you really need is a permission letter saying the pup will be used in vermin control on private land :yes: and it's down to the vet what they want to see paperwork wise,the law or act is posted on the top of the page so worth a read on what is written in it :thumbs:

• Like 2