Anyone Working Deerhound/collie/greyhound At The Moment?

I have a full working deerhound bitch pup I got from westmeath Ireland and 2 greyhound X deerhounds pups they r great looking pups well reared were bred in WeX Ford.

Stick some pictures up hounddog :thumbs: .

What way is the man in Wexford breeding?? Does he use a deerhound dog on greyhound bitches or vise versa?he has a deerhoundxgeyhoundxdeerhoundxgreyhound back to a greyhound bitch has a other litter now outta other bitch think em only about 5 weeks old now.I'm not good at putting up pics as I'm using a tablet but will try.

What work if any is he doing with his deerhound or deerhounds and with his greyhound or greyhounds?

I don't no much about em but he said the dog is a proven stud dog as s previous pups r taking deer and fox my 32 pups r fast and only 5 mth old they r mental .I took a dog an bitch but see is a bit small were the dog is 25 in now she's only 21,1/2 in.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I expect someone, somewhere , still has a fancy for the fabulous Deerhound lurcher...

The influence of Border Collie in Deerhoundy breeding cannot ever be underestimated,it took a good lurcher to another level.Hand on heart id never own a lurcher that was not heavily Deerhound and Bord

colliexgrey x deerhound x grey

Posted Images

The influence of Border Collie in Deerhoundy breeding cannot ever be underestimated,it took a good lurcher to another level.Hand on heart id never own a lurcher that was not heavily Deerhound and Border influenced,ive owned many a lurcher type and they all found their niche with me,only the Deerhoundy/Collie bred uns covered ALL of my hunting habits all the time,ive owned better dogs at certain disciplines,1 and 2 trick pony,s,ive never owned anything that could cover,with the same aptitude, the posted a few capability of an honest bred Deerhoundy/Collie lurcher.The terrain i hunt and what it holds is a significant factor in my preferred choice of mutt,especially the terrain.

Any pics of yours Morton?

Cheers

Gafer posted a few,otherwise stand at the side of the road around the outskirts of Leeds and my lad will walk past with a few scruffy Rothburys and a magnificent looking 28" Adonis :D .

• Like 1

My mates got a 29" deerhound x collie greyhound bitch 9 years old now, and definitely a very capable animal in the field. Excellent for edible game. But she has her limitations now due to her age catching up with her.

Sounds like the sort of bitch that wants a late litter to something befitting of her.

Always nice to comment on someone elses dog well my old friend owned a colliexgreyxdeerhound grey a 27inch fawn bitch called nipper now she was not kept in the best condition and being run at 10month day and night when he got her he laid her off until the next season feed her the beatbox hearts horses hearts veg pasta ect and started her off on rabbits in the rushes with the sling she was rough coated but way super fast when I mean fast I mean fast she began to point in the reeds and would even look out the corner of her eye at quarry she took the lot rhfd single handed after learning the ropes of a few of mine I seen her kill 5out5 daytime hares a few times and more than 80s on the lamp a few times for I was carrying lol nice to see someone making something special out nothing she killed hares right up and down the country . The man that owned her never gives any of his dogs any praise so I will NIPPER the natural old ways old days One in a life time my arse he owned a few

I keep banging on about the virtues of the Deerhoundy/Collie lurcher,you mucker have said it all in far fewer words than i had the aptitude for.For my little input ive owned a few,good post.

My mates got a 29" deerhound x collie greyhound bitch 9 years old now, and definitely a very capable animal in the field. Excellent for edible game. But she has her limitations now due to her age catching up with her.

Sounds like the sort of bitch that wants a late litter to something befitting of her.

It has been discussed at length Morton, unfortunately due to my mate not being in the best of health now I dont think its going to happen., which is a shame imo because she has more than earned her stripes.

• Like 1