I Just Couldnt Help Myself, I Just Had To Try It.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If your going to start them young then do it properly and forget silly pissy rabbits get them pulling some proper gear .......  

with the season drawing closer and my new pup getting bigger by the day i have been looking forward to the start of the season, and that first night of light rain and wind.   yesterday mornings for

There has always been a reluctance to risk spoiling/souring a race dog or hare coursing prospect, by overmatching it at an early age,..but, jukels destined to be roustabout catch dogs ,...LURCHERS,...

Posted Images

Still don't answer where the got the speed at 4-5months old though? Mines 3/4 greyhound... I must of got a dud lol

. Triggers already said he took the opportunity and stacked the odds in favour of his pup it's these llottle things that are the difference between some handlers living breathing there animals knowing and knowing when it's coming home a winner the pups probably dreamt those litltle catches over and over and will do until his next little conquest.i am afraid there's very few handlers that come up to scratch and have that little bit something else I believe trigg has it end off he has been schooled where it matters from a bairn in the fields and woods.speed who mentioned speed lol they're fecking curs lol atb bunnys.
  • Like 2

Still don't answer where the got the speed at 4-5months old though? Mines 3/4 greyhound... I must of got a dud lol

. Triggers already said he took the opportunity and stacked the odds in favour of his pup it's these llottle things that are the difference between some handlers living breathing there animals knowing and knowing when it's coming home a winner the pups probably dreamt those litltle catches over and over and will do until his next little conquest.i am afraid there's very few handlers that come up to scratch and have that little bit something else I believe trigg has it end off he has been schooled where it matters from a bairn in the fields and woods.speed who mentioned speed lol they're fecking curs lol atb bunnys.
depends on land there run on , 5 months where I run mine unless maxi not a chance, in fact an experienced whippit does well to make a kill,

I can see where your all coming from but if trigger had put some pics of stunning scenery on a mountain top with a pic with a little kid in and said we walked 10 mile and had a beautiful day then you d all be giving him likes and telling him how good it was for the pup. He s walked down a field and let his pup run in a soft grass field for 2 rabbits and it's the end of the world . When mine are jabbed they come with me lamping off the lead . If they want to go and have a look it's their choice. Each to their own

I think your pastoral/herding types take to starting earlier a bit better than your heavily sighthound saturated dogs, there running styles are different.

The collie x's ive had always seemed a bit more measured when running, the young bitch I've got here has been held back because she just wasn't ready, her running brain wasn't ready.

Sometimes you can see when a dogs not ready and enter it accordingly, not all dogs are the same.

• Like 2

i think thats the point mate ,3/4 greyhound or sight hound types to be like bambi on ice when young my pup was pretty much the same .

yet his mother who had less sighthound ,was a lot more steady on her legs.

Mine had his 1st they day he turned 7 months in a horse field with a load of square mesh around it. The bunny could fit through it but only if it had enough time.Imo getting them out and about on different land, obstacles and hazards put him in good stead, from a young age.

• Like 2

with the season drawing closer and my new pup getting bigger by the day i have been looking forward to the start of the season, and that first night of light rain and wind.

yesterday mornings forcast said rain all night in my area so as the evening started to draw in the weather looked spot on to try and give my pup a opertunity to see a few rabbits caught in the lamp. so i set my alarm for a couple of hours time nodded off and awoke to rain as forcast so i loaded the car up and drove to my destination just to see whats about.

anyway the pup got to see plenty of action and a few bunnys caught, along the way i decided to give him a couple of solo runs but he kept losing them in the thistles. as luck happened i dropped onto a field that had been mowed and bailed a few days previous so i give the pup a slip on there which resulted in his first ever rabbit in the bag retrieved straight back to hand. onto the next field where i slipped the pup again but the run didnt go as i thought it would but that to ended with rabbit number 2 in the bag again retrieved straight back to hand. i am ready looking forward to the season ahead.

we ended on 14, 12 for buster and 2 for the pup.

one happy young pup. he will be 5 months on the 12th of august.

IMG_2914_zpslt9might.jpg

IMG_2916_zpsloeomsba.jpg

What's in that dog mate I like it?

with the season drawing closer and my new pup getting bigger by the day i have been looking forward to the start of the season, and that first night of light rain and wind.

yesterday mornings forcast said rain all night in my area so as the evening started to draw in the weather looked spot on to try and give my pup a opertunity to see a few rabbits caught in the lamp. so i set my alarm for a couple of hours time nodded off and awoke to rain as forcast so i loaded the car up and drove to my destination just to see whats about.

anyway the pup got to see plenty of action and a few bunnys caught, along the way i decided to give him a couple of solo runs but he kept losing them in the thistles. as luck happened i dropped onto a field that had been mowed and bailed a few days previous so i give the pup a slip on there which resulted in his first ever rabbit in the bag retrieved straight back to hand. onto the next field where i slipped the pup again but the run didnt go as i thought it would but that to ended with rabbit number 2 in the bag again retrieved straight back to hand. i am ready looking forward to the season ahead.

we ended on 14, 12 for buster and 2 for the pup.

one happy young pup. he will be 5 months on the 12th of august.

IMG_2914_zpslt9might.jpg

IMG_2916_zpsloeomsba.jpg

What's in that dog mate I like it?

thanks mate. the mother is a pure malinios and the father is a lurcher.

you must have great judge of character from reading my comment. Edited by Somewhereyournot
  • Like 1

It's another topic where opinions will vary. Some are set in their own ways with dealing with a young pup.

Introduction is just as important as the natural growth, abuse one or the other and your vulnerable pup may suffer with complications.

We all hope that our dogs will go for some innings. I certainly allow my pups to be pups, and eventually allow them to come into contact with dead fur and feather. The rest comes in time.

• Like 2