The Truth About Positive Dog Training

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is also necessary to teach kids to respect animals. I remember when a friend came round with her daughter, who was about 5 years old at the time. She was a very difficult kid indeed and liked to bl

Would the multi million dollar dog training industry even exist if people worked their dogs , never seen an industry with so many snake oil salesmen in it because folks can't pin point the truth ,

What put's you off neems? Different people have different opinions. I have 3 lads, youngest 4 an a half. After the journey home and 10 mins of getting in the house the dog was on the couch and got it'

when people put a child safety against a feckin dog, its bloody disgrace, they should not be allowed to have children, the poor buggers will carry then scares all there lives inside and out :yes: a dog a dog not a humane and should be kept out side in kennel and run deff

• Like 2

when people put a child safety against a feckin dog, its bloody disgrace, they should not be allowed to have children, the poor buggers will carry then scares all there lives inside and out :yes: a dog a dog not a humane and should be kept out side in kennel and run deff

I'm still on the fence about having a house dog,I'm not sure I could ever trust one around my young kids.

I'm still on the fence about having a house dog,I'm not sure I could ever trust one around my young kids.

i know any dog can bite , a 50lb collie cam make a mess of you, never mind guarding breeds gsd, rottie , etc , the prob is young kids are very vulnerable to face bites like shown on the vid, they are at ground level to most dogs , so a dog just piles in . i grew up with dogs all my life, my dad kept bull breeds, pit, staff, bullmastiffs, all were in kennels and runs. if you kids are 10 and above well maybe ik by that age the kids know how to treat dogs, when i go no my dog walks with my 2 dogs ive bumped into people with kids, Bryn very good and Buck both my dogs love fuss, so love the kids, but what Buck can do in the field i am always watching him , with his size and power he wreak a man never mind a child, both live outside :thumbs::yes:

• Like 1

Mine is indoors but all my girls are grown up well youngest 16 and when the grand children land when ever that maybe he will be crated or out side when they visit. Even though he is good natured with kids I would never take a
chance. Little toddler falls on him sure he would be great but I wouldnt risk it.If we ever replace him the next dog would be kenneled I think anyway

Edited by terryd

Mine is indoors but all my girls are grown up well youngest 16 and when the grand children land when ever that maybe he will be crated or out side when they visit. Even though he is good natured with kids I would never take a

chance. Little toddler falls on him sure he would be great but I wouldnt risk it.If we ever replace him the next dog would be kenneled I think anyway

:thumbs:

Bloody hell, phew took some watching.

Unbelievable they teaching that and dismissing facts.

That English 'celebrity' dog trainer's dangerous,she's got people bitten on her show,imagine how many accidents there's been from people following her advice.

Bloody hell, phew took some watching.

Unbelievable they teaching that and dismissing facts.

That English 'celebrity' dog trainer's dangerous,she's got people bitten on her show,imagine how many accidents there's been from people following her advice.

It's frightening mate.

Atb

What put's you off neems? Different people have different opinions. I have 3 lads, youngest 4 an a half. After the journey home and 10 mins of getting in the house the dog was on the couch and got it's head down with my youngest who was 2 1/2 at the time. Dog does as it's told by him and is spot on with him and we are near 2 years down the line. Still goes out and has done what's been asked of him so far. Plenty of excercise and dogs a kip most of the time in his crate, even if it's open. I only have the 1 dog though. It was more about teaching the youngest around the dog than the other way around. It works for me, family and dog and each to their own.

af5b2398-59b3-4f68-9eef-a13e937ced25_zps

7a2d834b-2c09-44f0-82c9-a762331f3d4a_zps

7ca6a19b-6dc2-4ae5-9f2c-ad43af226c34_zps

Edited by flipbull
  • Like 2

I think I'd just be on edge all the time tbh flipbull,I've got 5 here the youngest is only 1 and my 2 year old loves dogs a lot more than they love him so there'd be a big learning curve for him at such a young age.

I'll be moving soon,so if we find a place with a good back porch I might have 1 in there of a day time,and the run of downstairs of an night.

Bonny looking family and dog you've got there.

• Like 1

I think I'd just be on edge all the time tbh flipbull,I've got 5 here the youngest is only 1 and my 2 year old loves dogs a lot more than they love him so there'd be a big learning curve for him at such a young age.

I'll be moving soon,so if we find a place with a good back porch I might have 1 in there of a day time,and the run of downstairs of an night.

Bonny looking family and dog you've got there.

Thanks mate.1 and 2 year old might be a bit of a handfull, bit of patience and they will all soon learn. As you say it's more about learning the kids around the dog. Good luck whatever you decide and moving home :thumbs: . As I say mate it works for me, but may not for others.

• Like 1