" Why F.a.c. Air"

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The reasons I like fac air is that it's a lot harder hitting, flatter trajectory and less prone to ricochets than .22 lr. Mine doesn't half whack them and surely more retained energy and range is a go

The whole debate only comes about due to this 'legal' word. Would you pick a sub 12ft lbs air rifle for hunting if the none license limit was say 20ft lbs? Or would you complain that an under powered

The 28fps Rapid is not the be all and end all Mark, it just happens to be a gun in the RFD that I fancy. To be honest, higher fps rated rifles are within reach if I get the FAC but I'm not too concern

Posted Images

Fac air is no hassle really.

Once attained you won't have any hassle by an over zealous police officer wanting to test your air gun.

The advantage is greater in terms of trajectory over the useful range more than any real killing power gain.

For instance a 24ft/lb gun won't suddenly kill any better but it will flatten the trajectory.

What does seem to make an impression is going up in calibre. The .25&.30 do make for a decisive outcome but you will be returning to a trajectory similar to sub 12.

Personally I would like a .35-.45 ball air rifle, 10 shots+ for hunting and live with the trajectory.

Fac air is safer than an lr for tree work with normal pellets.

U.

• Like 1

so am i reading this right !

are you saying that you cant have fac air and a shot gun onthe same ticket?

atb

Correct. A shotgun (unless it's an FAC rated one) is section 2, so goes on a shotgun certificate. A FAC airgun is section 1 so goes on a Firearms Certificate.

when i applied .

asked for fac air

22lr

17 hmr

and a shotgun all on the same form

i only filled one in

have i feced up ?

atb

Depends on how you filled it in. Now the forms are the same, and you can apply for both at the same time. I assume you put down 2 referees?

I think the only problem you might have is you might have sent off the wrong payment. Coterminous certificates aren't much more than 1 individual one anyway.

Best phone the firearms team and ask them. It might be as simple as sending a small extra cheque, but you will need 2 certificates, unless they are assuming you want a Section 1 shotgun. I'd clarify it sooner rather than later. :thumbs:

The reasons I like fac air is that it's a lot harder hitting, flatter trajectory and less prone to ricochets than .22 lr. Mine doesn't half whack them and surely more retained energy and range is a good thing. If you shoot at longer ranges often it's better to have these benefits. If you are prepared to go through the application process then you will be rewarded for your efforts!

• Like 7

My fac hw80 is making 19.6 fpe at the moment.

Its glided and tuned to the hilt.

Shoots superbly accurate if I do my job right and is a joy to use.

Nice and flat trajectory, hard hitting, very little recoil.

I just love that springer ??

• Like 5

It's not that we can only have sub 12 pound rifles that bugs me it's the fact that some pellets can take it a bit over if you have it in the high 11's.

Yes I know what you are going to say that if we had 15 pounds we would say the same thing but there should be a percentage to take into account of all the range of pellets.

• Like 1