Weihrauch Hw97K Not Grouping , Help Please

Hi all, ive got myself a .22 weihrauch hw97k. I set up my rifle on a bench and a shooting bag at 25 yards from my target. First shot was just on the edge of the target , second shot was about 3 inches to the left and an inch down from the target. I made the right amount of clicks on my scope to bring up the pellet but after this i fired another shot and it was out even more than the second one. I have been trying to zero this rifle for the past week with no success. The pellets will not even group and i have tried two differant types of pellets and ended up with the same results !

I am beginning to think that there is an internal problem with the rifle ? maybe a broken spring ? any of you guys have any idea as to whats going on or any idea what the problem could be ?

Cheers !

As say,d clean the barrel

and check every thing is tight

what pellets are you using

i find jsb exact jumbos 15,89 were mint in all my 97,s

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

PS,, just an after thought but is the rifle dieseling (smoke coming out of the barrel after you have taken a shot or dose it smell like burnt oil

and is there a twang coming from the chamber when fire,d

all could be a sign that it needs a good clean and re,grease

and are you sure the scopes are ok

could be that the trigger needs setting as it looks like your pulling the rifle

i had this problem with one of the 97,s and all it needed was a tweek to the left a quarter of a turn

on the trigger screw and she was spot on

only a quarter of a turn at a time mind dont go turning it willy nilly

all you want to do is lighten the trigger

hope this helps :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

PS,, just an after thought but is the rifle dieseling (smoke coming out of the barrel after you have taken a shot or dose it smell like burnt oil

i had this problem with one of the 97,s and all it needed was a tweek to the left a quarter of a turn

Im using Gamo magnum energy pellets 15.43grain and have also tried gamo magnum pro 15.43grain didnt get 1 accurate group after trying these two differant pellets. Yes that is exactly what is happening there is smoke coming out of the barrel sometimes after a shot and there is a twang coming from the gun when fired , what is your oppinion on this situation mate.

Cheers

• Like 1

Get some decent pellets for a start .

Try some RWS Superdomes and / or AirArms Diablos.

Don't rest the gun on the shooting bag directly rest your hand on the bag and the gun very lightly in your hand .

• Like 4

Im using Gamo magnum energy pellets 15.43grain and have also tried gamo magnum pro 15.43grain didnt get 1 accurate group after trying these two differant pellets. Yes that is exactly what is happening there is smoke coming out of the barrel sometimes after a shot and there is a twang coming from the gun when fired , what is your oppinion on this situation mate.

Cheers

Right is the rifle new

if so it will need

1...the barrel cleaning (clean it any way as VM has say,d)

2,,, it will need a full strip down and full de,grease every thing

to get rid of the factory shit that will be in her

3,,,,give it a full polish of all the inner parts (this will reduce recoil and smooth out the cocking action)

4,,,re,grease with a good gun grease not to much but not to little

AND IF NOT NEW THEN DO IT ALL ANY WAY AS IT COULD HAVE TO MUCH GREASE IN HER

you may still get a little smoke out the end of the barrel after tuning her but this will go away after a few pellets through her

AND AS FENBOY HAS SAY,D CHANGE THEM FECKING PELLETS

TRY THE JSB EXACTS

• Like 1

no the gun is not new , the guy i bought it off had it a year or two, i think i will tune the rifle as you guys have advised. If the spring in the rifle is not damaged will i still replace it or carry on with the spring thats in it ? what type of grease do you guys reccomend to use ? I use lithium grease on my moderators for the centrefires , could i use this grease for the tuning of the springer ?

Cheers guys

I use the bisley gun grease

and no the spring may not be snapped if he has only had it two years the chances are he has not got rid of the old grease from the factory

if the spring is strait not bent or damaged in any way then pop it back in

once you have cleaned it and re,greased it

there a cracking rifle and one of the best out there but even new they need fettle,d

and as for kits well Mitch hates the v,mach as i do the tit burn kits

iv had some good tuned rifles with the v,mach

post-63400-0-93647800-1469995351_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

UPDATE. Hi lads, just an update on the air rifle. got the gun grease and tools. striped the gun down and cleaned it up first. greased the parts which needed to be and put it back together. I set up a target @ 25 yards and the twang noise is gone and there's no dieseling.

I still could not get a shot to hit a 1" square target. I shot off a bench with a shooting bag They grouped low and to the right and I made the clicks to bring it up and to the left. That moved it slightly close but then some of the shots would be a few inches off.

I'm going to change the ammunition, I don't think i've any choice but too. I've sourced a supplier for RWS Superdome in .22

UPDATE. Hi lads, just an update on the air rifle. got the gun grease and tools. striped the gun down and cleaned it up first. greased the parts which needed to be and put it back together. I set up a target @ 25 yards and the twang noise is gone and there's no dieseling.

I still could not get a shot to hit a 1" square target. I shot off a bench with a shooting bag They grouped low and to the right and I made the clicks to bring it up and to the left. That moved it slightly close but then some of the shots would be a few inches off.

I'm going to change the ammunition, I don't think i've any choice but too. I've sourced a supplier for RWS Superdome in .22

Pm me your addy and post code and ill send you down some jsb exacts

as say,d all my 97,s loved them