Jackdaw%20invasion2_zpsvpa0oxzu.jpg

Jackdaw Invasion. Had 7 in the run tonight.

They are the product of a nest on my neighbour's chimney pot.

I have always liked them, their cheeky mischievousness

But..

Flying round my head, worrying the ducks, my nerves are fraying rapidly.

I did get some strawberry netting to keep them out, but that would also keep the sparrows out, plus I need a lot of netting.

What are the general views on jackdaws - cheeky chappie and no real threat, or just a midget magpie?

Thanks a lot

Pesky

I hate them, they have a nest level with my headboard in neibours chimney pot, 5am every morning sounds like they coming through the walls.

Just got a air arms s410 and look forward to them waking me up every morning . . . had 7 so far hopefully make it double figures by morning.

• Like 2

We have loads at work they nest in the holes in the wall of the old walled garden seem to know fine there safe there but its like Hitchcock,s the birds in the morning they flew up on the roof of a building to sun themselves and they cover the roof , if were out lamping till dawn we shoot a few but theres that many it really doesnt make a difference

Some years ago I watched jackdaw knock a young starling out of the sky and then eat it! I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it myself. The only common corvids I don't shoot are jays and rooks, although I have read that rooks will take eggs!

There allways on the farmers roof where i shoot at 5am , and have been told , get rid , right noisey fecer

show no mercy . but they arnt daft , they have got eyes like saterlights, . and some times hard to get too!

but a rabbit in the next field with the guts out , soon brings them in :huh:

atb

There allways on the farmers roof where i shoot at 5am , and have been told , get rid , right noisey fecer

show no mercy . but they arnt daft , they have got eyes like saterlights, . and some times hard to get too!

but a rabbit in the next field with the guts out , soon brings them in :huh:

atb

These ones get so close, I could snatch them out of the air

Catch them and sell them on as call birds. ;)

Maybe this is how I make my millions :laugh:

The hardest thing to do with a bird trap is catch your first bird, and daft enough, there are folk that will pay good money for one. Sadly, no, you wont become rich. :laugh: