The brindle in my avatar has got cancer in his elbow joint, at present he's limping but I think in no real pain, I said to myself a few years ago the first sign and he's off to pts but he's no whinnin no yelpin 3 small poop walks a day, wags his tail when he sees me, eating ok but time is is a ticking clock, he's a week away from 14, does this sound wrong to anybody so far in anyway??? Just want to know,

The brindle in my avatar has got cancer in his elbow joint, at present he's limping but I think in no real pain, I said to myself a few years ago the first sign and he's off to pts but he's no whinnin no yelpin 3 small poop walks a day, wags his tail when he sees me, eating ok but time is is a ticking clock, he's a week away from 14, does this sound wrong to anybody so far in anyway??? Just want to know,

Let your own concience be your guide. You will know when the time is right.

• Like 1

Ok darbo, never had a dog with cancer and he needs no pain as he's been a loyal loyal dog to me, ...

well there your answer then, he not in pain,if he hitting some food, let him carry on. you had him 14 years another few more months wont hurt will it . :yes:

I lost a dog to cancer a couple of years back , I made the decision to let him go while he was still pain free and had a wag in his tail.

Only you can decide but for me too soon is better than too late.

I lost a dog to cancer a couple of years back , I made the decision to let him go while he was still pain free and had a wag in his tail.

Only you can decide but for me too soon is better than too late.

I did the same with the bitch in my avatar about 6 years back. Cancer in her leg, meds for the remainder of her life until the leg went pop, an intensive course of treatment in Bristol, 2k plus with no guarantee of success or else pts.

A no brainer for me I'm sorry to say. R.I.P. Sky

Cheers, D.

I feel for you mate, never an easy decision, Had one pts last month had him 14 years, if he is still happy, and not in constant pain, and eating well all is good imo. Once quality of life goes then it’s time.

You know your dog pal, reckon you'll be able to tell when the quality of life isn't there anymore. While he still seems comfortable and pain free enjoy the time you have left with him :thumbs:

• Like 1

sorry but had 2 dogs with cancer one ten years ago got it on the back leg had it removed 3 times vet bill nearly 2 grand then had one bitch got it in the teats,i know its hard but id pts if it were mine he has had a good life cancer is an horrible thing without letting it grow any worse only my opinion mate and only you can make that decision

Ive seen old beat up sick dogs waddling around yards myself included and thought afterwards that i should of pts earlier because its a relief not an execution. Sometimes its hard to have the heart to do it but only humans are hooked up to machines in pain and kept alive far to long at least with animals the choice is there to end suffering. The problem is dogs dont show pain and cant tell us how bad it is but thats for you to decide what is the quality of life but me personally i will end it earlier next time as i was a bit selfish last time.

• 2 weeks later...