Tall Whippet

I have owned 5 pure bred whippets over the years and as many whippet crosses. The pure one I got pts last month was 22.7 tts. Great great rabbiting dogs, the only reason we cross them at all is to give them better feet (and stamina not that they need it if fit) for the hard ground here.

My old whippet and my new pup (9mths 22tts)13679930_1499667366804858_2887192832946813735170_1503881183050143_67078681073309

• Like 3

Never seen a pure whip over 20 it's and at 23 tts there's got to be something else in the mix. That's just my thought

I've had a fair few whippets over the years, only two not being kc reg. The smallest I've had, a bitch, was 20 1/2", not kc reg. Other bitches 21" and 21 1/2" tts, kc reg. The dogs I've had were all 21-22 1/2" tts, all kc reg. And they were about before mick brown was breeding his SS line of dogs. A mate of mine also had a kc reg dog of 23" tts around 20 years ago too, so they aint that rare. Tall, big, or tall and big whippets have been around for many many years.

And AshR1 dog looks a typical cracking whippet to me :thumbs:

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1

Hi ash how old is your dogs as mine and ur dogs have the same sire did u buy her from a man down frighton way?

Hi Busher, got him from frinton on sea, Essex and he's about 14months mate

Yehh mate, he is exactly the same age as my bitch but my ones dam was a black and white bitch been trying to get get in contact with the fella for over a year as i was promised papers never once picked up the phone got in touch with him yesterday and his first words where my bitch is in pup again do u want another pup hes a peddler mate. He told me she was sooty sam and oakbark bred called him the other day now its sooty sam and lady bird hes a feckin lier but im happy with my bitch any way i just started her shes 19.5 tts.

Yehh mate, he is exactly the same age as my bitch but my ones dam was a black and white bitch been trying to get get in contact with the fella for over a year as i was promised papers never once picked up the phone got in touch with him yesterday and his first words where my bitch is in pup again do u want another pup hes a peddler mate. He told me she was sooty sam and oakbark bred called him the other day now its sooty sam and lady bird hes a feckin lier but im happy with my bitch any way i just started her shes 19.5 tts.

Oh shame for you there mate I would be annoyed if I wanted the papers but they don't matter to me I given him the snip as I'm not interested I breeeing/studding him out, all I wanted was a whippet,whippetxgrey,rabbiting dog and I like you say I happy with how mine turned out too. Put a pic of your bitch up busher ?