love it. i remember as a lad sitting up all night listening to test matches overseas with my oldest brother. used to go watch surrey at the oval when we were kids (if we ever had the money!)

I've been getting right into it of late.

I got a couple of nephews that play and I've been going the odd home game.

Very relaxing indeed and a good laugh.

Should be a good day out unless it rains.

• Like 2

Cricket is excellent in all formats but the test series are by far the best. Its so involved, intricate, possibly anal :D any cricketers on here will get what I mean!

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

I tried to get into it, my ex mother in law was a Cricket freak! Especially 20/20............but after 9 years of listening to her I still didn't get it....haha

Have good day ;-)

I used to think it was boring, until I was laid up and watched it and listening to Richie Benaud about what the the bowlers were actually trying to do. It was only then that I started to see how much of a mind game it actually is. I love it now.

TC

• Like 1

One of my mates dads used to get us all over to the field by ours when we was kids. Used to start off about 4 a side then you would get more and more people joining in so they would have to go last bat on who ever side they went on. Other kids dads and people from the surrounding streets would join in and it would end up ?? a side. We would be playing for hours on end. It was my mates dad who took it the most serious. He would be bowling and sweating his bollox off, giving it the big howzattttttt! and arguing the toss. We would never use a corkie though as someone would of ended up in A&E 100%.Loved playing it, not watching it, even though I keep an eye out for the scores when the ashes are on or big games.

One of my mates dads used to get us all over to the field by ours when we was kids. Used to start off about 4 a side then you would get more and more people joining in so they would have to go last bat on who ever side they went on. Other kids dads and people from the surrounding streets would join in and it would end up ?? a side. We would be playing for hours on end. It was my mates dad who took it the most serious. He would be bowling and sweating his bollox off, giving it the big howzattttttt! and arguing the toss. We would never use a corkie though as someone would of ended up in A&E 100%.Loved playing it, not watching it, even though I keep an eye out for the scores when the ashes are on or big games.

haha yeah we used to play for hours up the park, keeping scores on a bit of paper, dads uncles the lot. never forget one old boy wandering up at the end of one game, nearly crying, saying to us "thank you so much for that, i been watching all afternoon it was just like a test match"!!!!!!

• Like 1