Pcp...i've Figured It All Out!!!

I have a Hatsan AT44 .22 in 10 shot mag.

I have zeroed it in, and it's pretty awesome with pellet on pellet grouping.

Time for a refill....

Buy the pump and get to refilling.

Not refilling.

Ever pump sounds like I've kicked an adder and it's just hissing away at me. Air escaping from the fill probe. Easy fix, right, just the o-rings. No difference. So I've ordered a new fill probe and new o-rings. Anyone else got any suggestions?

Had an Ultra, didn't get on with it. Have an AT44, getting on better, but cannot refill....if my experience with PCP is anything to go by, PCP stands for Pretty Crap Plinker.

I so want the PCP to work, because it's a really old bit of tech (not as old as springers though) and should be really cool, but it's just not working for me. HELP!!!

If I can't get it working, does anyone want to buy an AT44 from me? HAHA

If you've run the air pressure right down, you may need to cock the rifle before you start refilling.

I had to do this with a couple that I've had.

Good luck.

I have kept it at 100 bar. I did think this and checked it online. Even tried cocking it, but still nothing then. It just keeps hissing air out of the fill probe.

If the cylinder is just hissing when its off the gun issue must be with cylinder, sounds like a seal or valve stuck if it's new take it back to the shop im not well up on the hatsan tbh good to see you still shooting the rats though?

• Like 1

Dose it still hiss when you take it off the pump

if not the problem may be the pump

take it to the rfd and get him to fill it off his air tank

worth a go any way

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

PS.....still should of got a hw100 :thumbs:

• Like 4

Could be probe not seating right, put a smear of moly on the o rings, then push the probe in. Pump like a demon for 20 seconds, see if you can get the valve to open.

Also make sure everything is done up tight, you may need a dowty seal on the probe where it screws into the whip line.

• Like 2

FIXED!!!! I bloody fixed the stupid problem. Crap I hate PCP's. If the next session sucks, it's going in the classifieds.

I'm half with you Villaman. The Ultra was pretty good, but I'm a big guy and very used to swinging around the rat catcher (resting on something 99% of the time but you can swing it around without fear) which was fine as it's a cheap gun and lower power (ideal for indoors in my opinion...weaker rebounding pellets), or I shoot a longer style rifle with a longer grip, usually shooting on my springer outdoors...so the smaller Ultra was shaped for my indoors shooting, but too expensive for me to fling around a chicken shed as I was always scared I'd damage it, but also too small to be comfortable for outdoor shooting. Nothing to do with the gun. I just was not able to adapt to it. So the AT44 tactical was ideal...in theory. Adjustable stock, and slightly more swingable indoors while also useable outdoors with my odd grip. Should have kept the fill bottle at least :-(

So the problem was...I don't know. I basically had to use a whole load of plumbers tape to seal the probe to the line, replace the o-rings, and add a little vaseline to the o-rings too. So I basically did everything you guys said. Thanks for the help. Pumped it up to just under 200, so I'll let you know how it goes on my next outing...probably tomorrow night.

• Like 3

FIXED!!!! I bloody fixed the stupid problem. Crap I hate PCP's. If the next session sucks, it's going in the classifieds.

So the problem was...I don't know. I basically had to use a whole load of plumbers tape to seal the probe to the line, replace the o-rings, and add a little vaseline to the o-rings too. So I basically did everything you guys said. Thanks for the help. Pumped it up to just under 200, so I'll let you know how it goes on my next outing...probably tomorrow night.

what was leaking? from the joint between hose and probe or probe and gun?

last time i had leaks between probe and gun even with new seals it ended up been a bad scratch in the fill probe wall of the gun.