Please Help With The Law!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She is very sensitive so I want to avoid any head bashing so I will start with this.  

Well, night class has started!     U.

Yeah you have to get a dead hare,smack the dog over the head with it reapeatly whilst shouting no bad dog then tie the hare to the dogs collar for 24 hours.

I thought one dog can course a hare.

Is that correct or wrong please?

U.

Hare coursing with a dog is illegal in England. How ever you can use a dog or dogs to flush a hare from cover to waiting gun or guns or Birds of prey. on land you have a legal permission to be on. Dogs can also be used to track an injured hare for humane despatch by the quickest and most humane method available at the time.

Edited by desertbred

Has anyone got any training tips on how to teach a dog to tell the difference between a rabbit and hare please?

U.

I always find a good slideshow helps, play it on repeat in their kennel (also post your slideshow on here for anyone wanting to do the same).

There's a world of difference between actively looking for hares to course and your dog chasing and killing one when you're out and about. The law is all about intent.

Well we were certainly not intent !

What was that weird kids progam which had a stuffed hare puppet? And can you still get it on betamax?

Lol.

Has anyone got any training tips on how to teach a dog to tell the difference between a rabbit and hare please?

U.

the hare is bigger and faster and harder to catch during daylight than the rabbit, also has longer ears, just show this to your dog and he will be fine, you should have know more problems, unless he,s a saluki cross in which case a drawing will be easier,