Shocked By Smk P-10

well i had an edgun matador sat under my bed not really doing enough to justify its price tag. (my fault not the rifles). so i decided to sell it and free up a bit of cash. after all any gun is as good as another sat under the bed. so the matador went last sunday and on monday after a phone chat with a mate of mine i decided to order an smk p-10. now i know what you are all thinking, but hear me out. i ordered the smk on monday and the shop and the shop called to say it arrived on tuesday morning. however, i wasnt able to collect it until today due to work commitments. i opened the box in the shop, and the first thing that struck me was how plain the stock looked, i then took it out of the box and realised how well put together it was. it had a nice solid feeling bolt action, the for end of the stock though lacking chequering was plenty chunky enough for a decent grip. the air tube is titanium and is a decent enough size. the trigger is what im used to but is something that i will get used to. the mag is a ten shot spring indexing affair and it functions as it should.

so i got it home gave the barrel a clean, scoped up and set about putting some lead down the pipe. i was really surprised at how efficient the mod/shroud was. after about 40/50 pellets the groups started to tighten up. after about 100 shots i was stacking pellets on top of one another. it seems to like air arms field and jsb jumbos. i was only shooting out to about 25 yards but i was really getting a feel for this little bullpup. im not sure how many shots i will get from a fill but it seems to me i will get more than plenty.

and up to now to now this little bullpup manufactured by a company that for many years has been a bit of standing joke seems like it will be more than up to my favorite hunting passtime of ratting. looking at this smk now after ive had a little play with it my thoughts are as follows;

stock look plain and a bit cheap. (the rifle is cheap.)

the mag system although functional could be better.

i love the titanium air tube and gauge.

pistol grip on the stock is good

accuracy and consistency is really good

shoulders really well and is balanced.

my last 4 rifles have been 2 crickets a colibri and an edgun matador, so i have been a little spoiled.

now im not saying that the smk is better than these other bullpups, because its not. its in a different price range. but what i am saying is that in the future i dont think i will be splashing out on expensive bullpups. i can buy a .22 and a .25 brand new for the same price as a new cricket and still have £200 left in my pocket. the smk wont shoot rats out 30 yrds any better than any of the above bullpups. but im very very confident that it will do it every bit as well as all of the above. am i happy with my new purchase??? yes!!!!. for £450 brand new. direct to shop the next day. to say im shocked is an understatement, and will be ordering a .25 very shortly..

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Have to say, one of the better looking pups. If not thee best. They haven't f****d about with gizmos and stuff. Just done everything simple but well. Looks a million times better than the ghalihad thing, which probably cost AA 6 x as much at the dev stage.

I'd have one if I was getting into the pup route. In fact... How much are they?