Got My Plummer Back...

I've got a Plummer Gaz that I bought for ratting and bushing. Sadly my ratting ground is no longer so she's just a bushing bitch now. However, she's dropping to ground regularly but she will come out within half an hour. Still, there's no guarantee she will always be that way so I'm thinking of buying a Bellman or GPS so that if she does disappear I've got more chance of finding the bugger!

Mine is the same as yours mate. Dropped in a few times but never stayed long and only had to dig her out once and to be honest I think she would of come out then, but I wasn't far from home to get a shovel and she wasn't too deep so I whipped her out.

I think this time she got stuck.

GPS and bellman was the way I was thinking but if the bellmans are as good as these lads are saying then that might do the job.

£370 for rechargeable collar and box brand new which I think would be money well spent after the week of stress I've just had.

• Like 1

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have posted in the lost and found section but I know not everyone checks that so posting here too.   Just got my little Plummer back this evening after 5 and half days missing.   Thank you to

I am dead serious it's an amazing feat ... I mean a Plummer terrier that actually went to ground ... Truly amazing .........

Fluids fluids fluids mate ... Get her rehydrated food can wait until tomorrow ... Small meals often for the first day or two then build her up .......

Glad you got her back Gaz

The Garmin Gps don't work belong ground it loses signal but will show the last place it did usually the entrance to a earth !

The bellmen is a handy bit of kit that's why I put it on your Plummer when you come down you can search above ground with is I lost my Russell is the area I took you knocked it on and she was 120ft away I found her and dug her likes been said with a bellmen walk around the area it's got a fair range on it ! I know one lad runs his Russell with a gps and bellmen you can get gps with small collars dc30 their a lot smaller than the dc50s I have

• Like 1

Glad you got her back Gaz

The Garmin Gps don't work belong ground it loses signal but will show the last place it did usually the entrance to a earth !

The bellmen is a handy bit of kit that's why I put it on your Plummer when you come down you can search above ground with is I lost my Russell is the area I took you knocked it on and she was 120ft away I found her and dug her likes been said with a bellmen walk around the area it's got a fair range on it ! I know one lad runs his Russell with a gps and bellmen you can get gps with small collars dc30 their a lot smaller than the dc50s I have

Nice one fella. I've ordered a bellman and will probably get GPS too.

Great news gaz, myn is a cxnt for dropping in on mooches, my next busher will be a spanial or a spanial X terrier I'm finding more and more that terriers are great dogs for above ground work but they can go missing very quickly.

Or just buy a fukcing spaniel and do away with the risk of the dog going to ground and having to find it and dig it out lol ......

I still might get a spaniel socks. Going to see a few work this winter. I've never liked them. But we will see.

Either way I won't be doing away with the Plummer so need to take the precautions in future.

• Like 1

Great news gaz, myn is a cxnt for dropping in on mooches, my next busher will be a spanial or a spanial X terrier I'm finding more and more that terriers are great dogs for above ground work but they can go missing very quickly.

Ive said before I don't think a spaniel will touch this Plummer for working cover around here. But she has been ranging a bit far recently and working more for herself than for me. And this last week was the result. Which is where the spaniels come into their own I guess.

I had no idea you'd lost her mate, but very pleased for you that you got her back. I once had a lurcher go missing for 3 days and the stress of not knowing what's happened is horrendous. Glad this had a happy ending :thumbs:

• Like 1

Ive said before I don't think a spaniel will touch this Plummer for working cover around here. But she has been ranging a bit far recently and working more for herself than for me. And this last week was the result. Which is where the spaniels come into their own I guess.

What type of cover have you got ......

It's just tight bramble, tight hedges etc mostly with small rabbit runs.

I've been told the spaniels will smash all cover as well lurcherman but why do so many lads use the terriers for bushing then? Or cross terrier and spaniel?

As said I ain't knocking spaniels or ruling them out. I'm gonna see some work this winter.

Nice one teckers. You could say that. Lol