Got My Plummer Back...

Brilliant news

Don't think that the spanials won't drop to ground ....my cocker would and eventually lost here exactly the same way gaz lost his

Maybe a springer would be a better bet as they are bigger but a lot of spanials will go to ground

I wouldn't run a busher or spaniel that dropped to ground without a collar on

I've heard of a few spaniels dropping in but then other lads say it doesn't happen. Never realised you lost one to ground mate. Sorry to hear that.

I've heard stories of whippets and small lurchers getting stuck to ground. Her bellman and flint is on order mate and she's staying on the lead until then ?

A8EA7BB2-5461-498D-A493-B5A9891A93CA_zps

• Like 1

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have posted in the lost and found section but I know not everyone checks that so posting here too.   Just got my little Plummer back this evening after 5 and half days missing.   Thank you to

I am dead serious it's an amazing feat ... I mean a Plummer terrier that actually went to ground ... Truly amazing .........

Fluids fluids fluids mate ... Get her rehydrated food can wait until tomorrow ... Small meals often for the first day or two then build her up .......

Glad she's home Gaz. can be a nightmare not knowing ,

lost terriers in the past and they've come back in a bad way ,with bits missing ,

Dehydration is the real killer though but sounds like she's doing OK in that department. Keep her warm and as you are doing she should come good.

How would the law stand if a terrier was lost wile bushing and was located in a badger sett as i remember once being tried to be stitched up by a badger watcher in Hartfordshire wile ferreting on a railway banking with the terreirs no were near the badger sett its another reason i went on to spaniels for bushing.

• Like 1

Good old bit of news that Gaz :toast: and i know you know :thumbs: but someone's got to say it, now go buy a decent locator set up and put the coller on her everytime out :victory: ....

Ive said in the other thread mate I will get a bellman but don't see how that would of helped me here. She had f****d off on a long line on a huge expanse of ground and could of been anywhere. You need to know what set she is in really for a locator surely? unless you know where every set is within a 5 mile radius and check them all...

when you own terriers gaz-you should know every hole on the ground mate,just because the dog is a busher don't mean it won't drop in.your lucky she didn't dig on to tight and run out of air.madness running any terrier loose with out a collar on imo.I'm glad you got her back but let this be a lesson to you.terriers can be taught to mark a hole and wait for the command to enter,I would take the time mate to teach her-never made a difference to how any of my dogs have worked under the sod teaching them to wait to be told they can enter.not known many that have lasted more than 5 days in the ground and still been alive.she sounds like one you want to hold on to ;).atb dc

terriers sitting at a mark on command... when let loose when know every hole in the area...off leash! so you saying if your terriers are let run free and find a fox to ground in the next field even though there may have not been a fox in that hole you walk past the last 5 years...they will sit to you find them and give a command to enter?
lol-if the dogs off the couples and heading towards an earth then I will have it in my line of sight-if I shout stay then it waits until given the command to enter. What's so hard to understand about that?my lurchers are taught to leave cats.if I give them a command then you they will retrieve them.nothing worse than a load of uncontrollable dogs around an earth-digging away,or noisey dogs yapping while waiting their turn.some of us like our dogs to be steady and calm-can't stand excitable dogs or cocks on a shovel.but then everyone has different standards.anyone running a dog around holes without a collar on needs to give their f***ing head a shake-asking for trouble imo-I value my dogs to much to think f**k it I know best lol.a few basic commands can save you a lot of heartache in the long run.atb dc
  • Like 1

How would the law stand if a terrier was lost wile bushing and was located in a badger sett as i remember once being tried to be stitched up by a badger watcher in Hartfordshire wile ferreting on a railway banking with the terreirs no were near the badger sett its another reason i went on to spaniels for bushing.

thought you are not allowed to even walk a dog over one on a lead or off,start digging it and your interfering with it-smelly f***ing things protected more than your kids :(.best to stay well away imo).atb dc

Good old bit of news that Gaz :toast: and i know you know :thumbs: but someone's got to say it, now go buy a decent locator set up and put the coller on her everytime out :victory: ....

Ive said in the other thread mate I will get a bellman but don't see how that would of helped me here. She had f****d off on a long line on a huge expanse of ground and could of been anywhere. You need to know what set she is in really for a locator surely? unless you know where every set is within a 5 mile radius and check them all...
when you own terriers gaz-you should know every hole on the ground mate,just because the dog is a busher don't mean it won't drop in.your lucky she didn't dig on to tight and run out of air.madness running any terrier loose with out a collar on imo.I'm glad you got her back but let this be a lesson to you.terriers can be taught to mark a hole and wait for the command to enter,I would take the time mate to teach her-never made a difference to how any of my dogs have worked under the sod teaching them to wait to be told they can enter.not known many that have lasted more than 5 days in the ground and still been alive.she sounds like one you want to hold on to ;).atb dc

terriers sitting at a mark on command... when let loose when know every hole in the area...off leash! so you saying if your terriers are let run free and find a fox to ground in the next field even though there may have not been a fox in that hole you walk past the last 5 years...they will sit to you find them and give a command to enter?
lol-if the dogs off the couples and heading towards an earth then I will have it in my line of sight-if I shout stay then it waits until given the command to enter. What's so hard to understand about that?my lurchers are taught to leave cats.if I give them a command then you they will retrieve them.nothing worse than a load of uncontrollable dogs around an earth-digging away,or noisey dogs yapping while waiting their turn.some of us like our dogs to be steady and calm-can't stand excitable dogs or cocks on a shovel.but then everyone has different standards.anyone running a dog around holes without a collar on needs to give their f***ing head a shake-asking for trouble imo-I value my dogs to much to think f**k it I know best lol.a few basic commands can save you a lot of heartache in the long run.atb dc
Lol so if your terrier is on a hot line of a fox you can call him off! You can probably call them out on command to then... my terriers can canter about beside me off leads no problem and better do what there told stumble on a hot line and no shouting will get them back you have to dig them out...lol... commanding terriers to sit outside a hole why? Are you picking and choosing burrows for them. Also i dont bring a pile of dogs round a hole we bring 1 terrier it does its job we fill in and go bk to the vehicle im out to dig terriers not drive up and down the country with a pile of dogs for a jolly. Edited by stop.end
  • Like 1

Lol so if your terrier is on a hot line of a fox you can call him off! You can probably call them out on command to then... my terriers can canter about beside me off leads no problem and better do what there told stumble on a hot line and no shouting will get them back you have to dig them out...lol... commanding terriers to sit outside a hole why? Are you picking and choosing burrows for them. Also i dont bring a pile of dogs round a hole we bring 1 terrier it does its job we fill in and go bk to the vehicle im out to dig terriers not drive up and down the country with a pile of dogs for a jolly.
well there you go then :)must keep you fit back and forth the truck all the time lol.atb dc

Lol so if your terrier is on a hot line of a fox you can call him off! You can probably call them out on command to then... my terriers can canter about beside me off leads no problem and better do what there told stumble on a hot line and no shouting will get them back you have to dig them out...lol... commanding terriers to sit outside a hole why? Are you picking and choosing burrows for them. Also i dont bring a pile of dogs round a hole we bring 1 terrier it does its job we fill in and go bk to the vehicle im out to dig terriers not drive up and down the country with a pile of dogs for a jolly.
well there you go then :)must keep you fit back and forth the truck all the time lol.atb dc

Lol..just read your line about standards, way the drivel you spout about terriers i think me and your ideas of a standard in terriers would be a world apart...

Edited by stop.end