Bushing Dog Class At Peover Hall This Year..!

Bosun11

The Merseyside WT&LC will be holding bushing dog classes at this years Cheshire Game & Angling Fair, Peover Hall, Cheshire on Sunday 7th August.

The entrants must be crossbreds, bred for the purpose of working in cover and flushing quarry.

The classes will be dedicated in memory to the late Stephen (Ste) Mouat, one of Liverpool's finest hunters and and a breeder of this type for nearly 40 years.

There will be a trophy and prize money for the winner.

This is a new one for the club, we hope it will do well and grow.

See you all there...!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I suppose it's the same as lurchers really. Under 23" category for example. You can get all shapes and sizes. 3/4 bull to 3/4 whippet and everything in between. Rough. Smooth. Long. Short. Fat. Thin.

Ste was a top man I had the pleasure of huntin wit him an seen his bushing dogs top class hope to see I load Ov bushing dogs at the show

He put good worker to good worker line breeding the dogs hand picking which made the grade and which never we have pictures of the whole breeding of the dogs from 1990ish up to today 

The Merseyside WT&LC will be holding bushing dog classes at this years Cheshire Game & Angling Fair, Peover Hall, Cheshire on Sunday 7th August.

The entrants must be crossbreds, bred for the purpose of working in cover and flushing quarry.

The classes will be dedicated in memory to the late Stephen (Ste) Mouat, one of Liverpool's finest hunters and and a breeder of this type for nearly 40 years.

See you all there...!

Hope its a good turnout bosun.Rip to your mate ste. What types did he breed/work terrier/spaniel/hound crosses? if you dont mind me asking? :thumbs:

See you all there...!

Hope its a good turnout bosun.Rip to your mate ste. What types did he breed/work terrier/spaniel/hound crosses? if you dont mind me asking? :thumbs:
He started with a hard bitten red terrier bitch (who's name escapes me right now) and he put that to a quality ESS dog.

I remember, as a kid, meeting him close to where i live now. All i wanted to hear was about his working terriers and he's telling me his best bitch is in pup to a spaniel... I was devistated..!

Plenty of others thought the same too, Ste had some of the best digging dogs around and this was sacrilage..!

He bred his litter and started working three of them. The ammount of gear they put up was fantastic and heads started to turn. Those first ones were nailers to ground too, Ste never really quit that game. He then put them to a sound beagle and hunted them like a mini hound pack. It was a revelation back then. From that blood he had all he needed. Surplus stuff was much sought after, his gear was very good. He knew what blood worked with what and always moved forward with his dogs...

Ste was a legend to in this city, a man of vision, great hunter and an allround nice guy, who never had a bad word for anyone... This class is a fitting tribute.

See you all there...!

He started with a hard bitten red terrier bitch (who's name escapes me right now) and he put that to a quality ESS dog.

I remember meeting him close to where i live now. All i wanted to hear was about his working terriers and he's telling me his best bitch is in pup to a spaniel... I was devistated..!

Plenty of others thought the same too, Ste had some of the best digging dogs around and this was sacrilage..!

He bred his litter and started working three of them. The ammount of gear they put up was fantastic and heads started to turn. Those first ones were nailers to ground too, Ste never really quit that game. He then put them to a sound beagle and hunted them like a mini hound pack. It was a revelation back then. From that blood he had all he needed. Surplus stuff was much sought after, his gear was very good. He knew what blood worked with what and always moved forward with his dogs...

Ste was a legend to in this city, a man of vision, great hunter and an allround nice guy, who never had a bad word for anyone... This class is a fitting tribute.

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply much appreciated and intresting to read ,atb :thumbs: He sounded like a great fella.

difficult to judge a busher type surely,how does that work exactly when judging out of interest,lot variables to consider,not interested in showing myself but feck me anything like lurchers there be someone getting pissed at the result my bushers better than yours and all that lol

not that it really matter obviously if its done in memory of someone :thumbs:

difficult to judge a busher type surely,how does that work exactly when judging out of interest,lot variables to consider,not interested in showing myself but feck me anything like lurchers there be someone getting pissed at the result my bushers better than yours and all that lol

I suppose it's the same as lurchers really. Under 23" category for example. You can get all shapes and sizes. 3/4 bull to 3/4 whippet and everything in between. Rough. Smooth. Long. Short. Fat. Thin.

Judge just picks one he likes the look and feel of as far as I know?

• Like 3

Thats my thoughts too Gaz.

No more difficult than judging lurchers, provided you've got the right judge.

think lurchers have more ideals than a busher after all no matter the type x they are designed to run are they not, take my bushers up cumbria be waste time although they are probably leggy enough to cover some ground they not going to follow on scent for miles like some them lads require yet down here tight cover they spot on,i was merely trying to show a bit of interest in how judging works lol