Scottish Independence

Myself, as a Scot, I quite like the idea of a devolved Scottish government with more control of local and purely Scottish matters but still remain part of the UK.

I can't quite grasp the snp's idea of throwing off the shackles of Westminister control and be quite content to be ruled by Europe.

It doesn't even make sense, independence to me would be away from Westminister as well as out of the eu.

Surely that would be the only way Scotland would be master of it's own destiny and have total control of it's own affairs.

Tells us a story, Sturgeon and her followers aren't about independence, they're simply anti English.

• Like 10

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Veto veto veto no chance for Scotland to join the EU.Does make me laugh though when a supposed nationalist wants to give their countries sovereignty away to the EU . Sturgeon is no nationalist she's j

Myself, as a Scot, I quite like the idea of a devolved Scottish government with more control of local and purely Scottish matters but still remain part of the UK. I can't quite grasp the snp's idea

I was a yes,,,but now a no,, dont want EU,,, rather be with a English bull dog than a Brussels sprout lol

Posted Images

Myself, as a Scot, I quite like the idea of a devolved Scottish government with more control of local and purely Scottish matters but still remain part of the UK.I can't quite grasp the snp's idea of throwing off the shackles of Westminister control and be quite content to be ruled by Europe.It doesn't even make sense, independence to me would be away from Westminister as well as out of the eu.Surely that would be the only way Scotland would be master of it's own destiny and have total control of it's own affairs.Tells us a story, Sturgeon and her followers aren't about independence, they're simply anti English.

I think that's the best option for all of us.

• Like 1

The deluded bint has said she wants to be out of the Union, but in the EU with open borders between Scotland and England. How's that going to work?

Boatloads of scumbags flooding into Scotland and catching a bus to where they wanted to be in the first place. Incredible.

Ireland have something very similar now.

You still need documents to travel from one to the other and thank god for the Irish Sea.

When the first independence referendum came about I took particular interest because I am a Welsh Nationalist and had always hoped we would one day return to being an independent nation however things have changed. When Scottish friends of mine were not allowed to vote because the no longer lived in Scotland and yet ex pats were allowed to recently vote in the recent EU referendum I saw the double standards and how these might have influenced the results. Scotland does have much to offer but the main thing which is as we know the oil is only a finite resource. However there are some amazing technological companies up around Aberdeen I think and Scotland is becoming known for it's ingenuity and so maybe it could survive. What I didn't like was how Nicola Sturgeon played the tactical "I'm only interested in protecting Scotland card" when all along she is simply looking to further her own aims, the same as any politician. I just hope she isn't going to do to Scotland what the Bexit brigade have done for us. I voted to leave the EU for reasons to do with my line of work and because the sanctions imposed upon the UK farmers were crippling them but now we have gotten the result it seems as those loudest campaigning for it have left to abandon us all to our fate. If Scotland were to ever gain independence I would wish them all the luck and just hope that once she has led them there that Nicola would not simply leave them drifting up the creek

Boris is Foreign Secretary

Andrea Leadsum is Secretary of State for farming

David Davis Secretary of State for Brexit

Liam Fox Secretary of State for International Trade

Priti Patel Secretary of State for International Development

So who are the people you talk about that have 'abandoned us'?

Hiya Shepp, perhaps what I should've said is that now we are out they have taken on other posts where they won't be making any real input the results. I can't speak for the majority of Scitland but I do think she's trying to suit her own Age da rather than any real concern over Scotland itself. To be honest the both sides fought a terrible campaign with those of us who voted out being labelled racists which is laughable. I owe my life to immigrant surgeons a s doctors.

• Like 1

the best result would not be a devolved parilment the best result is for the gb parliment as we are all united to revoke all powers from the assembly's and scotch parly and run everything from westminster, not going to happen i know but donald dewar never intented the devolved parli to lead to an indepenent scotland. i voted no the first time and would still vote no plus over a million people in scotland voted to leave the eu wee nicola may not find its in her or the snp's best interests to force it through.

Edited by onion jonny

if there is a god please make wee nicola sturgeon wake up one morning and decide she wants to be the leader of ukip. oh and while your at it could you please make my footie team qualify for the champions league (celtic) i know both these are big asks the first one is probably the easiest but if you could at least try i would be ever so grateful.

• Like 1

Myself, as a Scot, I quite like the idea of a devolved Scottish government with more control of local and purely Scottish matters but still remain part of the UK.I can't quite grasp the snp's idea of throwing off the shackles of Westminister control and be quite content to be ruled by Europe.It doesn't even make sense, independence to me would be away from Westminister as well as out of the eu.Surely that would be the only way Scotland would be master of it's own destiny and have total control of it's own affairs.Tells us a story, Sturgeon and her followers aren't about independence, they're simply anti English.

And she is turning it into a class thing regarding hunting shooting and fishing with the Lord Bonomy report ,land reform and wanting a fishing license system on the salmon beats a very dangerous woman

• Like 1

I think the rest of the uk should have its turn at a vote if we want Scotland in the uk . I'd vote to give them the boot , rebuild the wall and put a media ban on Murray , sturgeon and salmon (they are the only Scottish I've ever heard of ) oh and that tall geezer gazza skinned at football lol

sturgeons a poisonous little cow despise her! Snp caused rifts and divisions that will probably never heal supporters of them live in cloud cuckoo land as far as I'm concerned. We have nothing to offer Europe and we can't stand on our own two feet financially there campaign pinned all hopes on oil ....... Look how that's worked out.

Oh and by the time we maybe get another referendum the house of cards that's the European Parliament will have folded so they should stop waiting on the never and get on with helping those in the country and giving positive contribution to the rest of this Union which isnt just England they seem to forget but Northern Ireland and Wales as well. Anti English is all the snp is

• Like 4

William wallace must be turning in his grave he fought and lost for independance and then when its handed to ya dont take it. Freeeeeeeeedom.

Edited by jiggy