Rabbit Control At Wrong Time Of Year....

another phone call after rabbit control, people see young rabbits and think its the right time to get the problem sorted... went and had a look, another place thats impossible to ferret at the moment, yet the land owner wants them gone now...

• Like 1

No exactly what you mean! Always get more calls in the summer! If I can't get to them to ferret I cage trap, snare, .22 lr, fencing etc depending on the environment. At least you are seen to be putting the effort in!

Joe theres never a wrong time of year for rabbit control we just use other methods till the ferreting comes along , believe me knock nothing back you can do a bit at any time of the year and it keeps the ferrets fed

• Like 2

I think that it's all been covered. Shoot what you can, even have a go at night longnetting while the rabbits are out feeding and bant them back. Regularly visit the permission to keep the landowner happy by making the right noises, but don't be tempted to ferret. Thick cover, rabbits of every size popping through nets or getting nailed below ground. It really is no fun.

• Like 2

Im ferreting monday morning first light till 8am its all ground burys in sand dunes. . I dont like doing it this time of year but needs must and im sure the spade will see plenty of action.

This is where you have to play more than one tune , I can't ferret them just now but I could snare them ? Oh your no comfortable with snares I could trap the burrows and when I'm checking the traps I could pick a few off with the rifle ?

Long gone are the days when you finished ferreting in April that was you till you started ferreting again in September

worst thing is all the digging while your sweating your nuts off. . . flies everywhere..bloody ticks all over the ferrets.. and them fekking nettles aint alf stinging this time of year.!

We must be mad..but it don't stop us.. . if someones willing to pay you for shifting bunnies...how can you refuse...lol. . .

On one of my recent visits to a rather large estate they provided me with a gorgeous young lady to act as my chaperone and glamorous assistant... She was like a breath of fresh air and much better looking than old Shrekky .. she put nets down and dug holes,handled the ferrets and made my job so easy it was like a dream.. . . It was like the advert for lager...If only carlsberg did ferreting etc etc...lol

You be lost without me carrying you all winter

My left forearm is still foooked from that big dig for Chuckles at end of last season that day when Trigger came up.., . . .war wounds matey.