You can get ACV in tablet form too..

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alcoholics put it on their chips ?

Feeding a working lurcher (or any dog for that matter) is easy; Just feed a varied, but raw based, diet. That's it.

They dont want us to have natrual ways of healing and curing , cause wares therw profit?????? Sad but true

But the skin thing might be right. There's some science to that. It's about changing the PH of the skin from alkaline to acid and encouraging healthy bacteria. But if your dog's got a really nasty skin thing, by all means try the cider vinegar once. And if it doesn't work, get a proper 21st century cream for it.

Not saying it's good or bad but I heard about it a couple of years ago from an old bloke who has put a teaspoon of it in dogs water bowl everyday for years and he swares by it

Some of this stuff is just old wives tales, you know. Or even worse, weak thinking new age health store stuff transposed onto dogs. I get the fish/olive oil thing. That's a real nutrient. But really your dog should be getting everything it needs in its regular diet. Dogs can eat most of the things we do - except for acids - so just vary that diet.

You're beginning to sound quite sensible and I'm beginning to warm to you.

If your dog's fed properly why would it need "balancing" and WTF is "balancing" anyway?

Kevin Wright

Australia

(Verified User)

Posts 3767

Dogs 1 / Races 1

11 Aug 2013 05:50

Understand the properties of apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar is a product filled with minerals and essential vitamins, including magnesium, potassium and iron; many humans make use of its properties daily to improve digestion, baking, cleaning, and general health. The best apple cider vinegar is that which is fermented and unfiltered because it has "the mother" (a stringy substance) which contains the most enzymes and minerals.

Don't be concerned about how your dog will see apple cider vinegar. Sure, there is an odor but you won't be spooning this down the dog's throat; the remedies suggested here are all suitable for adding to food or water.

Keep your dog healthy with apple cider vinegar. Regular use of apple cider vinegar in your dog's diet can help prevent skin rashes, skin irritation, tooth decay, infections, and tear stains. The best way to give apple cider vinegar is to dilute it well in water or food and to ensure that it is only given when your dog has eaten already (to avoid a potential for upset). A teaspoon added to water or food 23 times a week should suffice as a preventative measure.

Use apple cider vinegar to aid your dog's digestion. You don't need to rush to the vet's for expensive dog digestive products. Instead, add a teaspoon to a large bowl of water daily. This will increase your dog's appetite, as well as balancing the pH levels of the dog's body. Apple cider vinegar will help improve diarrhea episodes and can fix constipation in a dog with repeated use.

Use apple cider vinegar to remove fleas from your dog. Bathe your dog with the usual dog shampoo or soap. Follow with a rinse of apple cider vinegar. Make sure to work it through the coat evenly to cover all points. The shampoo or soap suffocate the fleas and the apple cider vinegar removes them from the dog's coat, as they can't handle the odor or taste.

Improve your dog's skin and coat. Apple cider vinegar works well for both the skin and coat of your dog. Dry skin and irritated skin respond well to apple cider vinegar applied directly. Brush the vinegar through the dog's coat; not only does this improve the shine but also deodorizes the dog! For skin care improvements, add a teaspoon a day to water or food.

Clean out your dog's ears using apple cider vinegar. The anti-bacterial properties of apple cider vinegar make it ideal to clean dog ears out. Soak a small cotton ball or piece of clean cloth in the vinegar and gently wipe the ears as carefully as you can.

Apple cider vinegar is said to ease the pain associated with arthritis or hip dysplasia because it can break down calcium deposits and adds potassium. Ask your vet for advice on this count.

Pour some apple cider vinegar into a spray bottle and regularly mist your dog's hair with it to give shine and discourage flea infestations.

Always make sure that the apple cider vinegar is well diluted before feeding it to your dog.

Don't use too much vinegar.

Sick dogs should see a vet; do not try to diagnose unless you are a vet.

Do not use apple cider vinegar around the nose, mouth, or eye areas; it can result in a burning sensation.

Do not apply to open cuts or wounds. Use common sense; if it would hurt you, it will probably hurt your dog even if the wound will not be touched think it is better to be safe than sorry.

C'mon Josh, I've had 7 bottles of Guulden Draak since I came off the hill this morning and I'll fall asleep if you don't reply soon! Why do you (and not Kevin Wright who Ive never heard of) think cider vinegar is "good gear" and can you explain why acetic acid is alkaline?

• Like 2

i wouldnt like to say if its good or bad given long term, i sometimes give a little in water for my pigeons to help keep bacterial levels down..if anyones putting it in their dogs water bowl though be careful not to use aliminium or stainless steel bowls its corrosive..

I dont know how much it will aid joints but interestingly when you treat a human for arthritis with acv the patent has to leave out a lot of meat from their diet,especially red meat.

I have some fussy dogs and one that is particular about what raw she will eat.She much prefers slow cooked minced beef thats not fatty.She would deffo not eat it with vinegar on it. I wouldnt overdo it with dogs either because it can give indigestion heart burn if you have too much. I would say a teaspoon twice a week.

• Like 1

Feeding a working lurcher (or any dog for that matter) is easy; Just feed a varied, but raw based, diet. That's it.

To attempt to feed or exercise or treat dogs at all in the same way is a mistake imo if you want to get there individual best. All dogs are different and that becomes apparent when you keep a few dogs or a pack. The best are the ones who will eat anything and everything as long as the keeper knows how to feed right.

• Like 2