Ukip Leadership Election

Surprised there hasn't been a thread on this already considering 99% of folk on here vote UKIP :laugh: You all lost interest since the referendum and Farage standing down?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/688739/Ukip-leadership-election-how-contest-work-when-new-leader-elected-Nigel-Farage-replaced

So who would you guys like to see become leader of UKIP?

So far only Jonathon Arnett MEP has put his hat into the ring with Steven Woolfe MEP another likely contender. Can't say I really know much about either of them TBH. Surprised (and relieved :laugh:) Paul Nuttal isn't standing, I think he could do really well getting votes in old Labour strongholds...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the great victory over the EU, which was totally his really, yes I'd wank him off

With UKIP and the referendum and what's going on with Corbyn and Labour the people are finding their voice again, no matter where on the political spectrum you are that's a good thing

IF Ukip get a very strong character as leader they could become Britains number two party over the next five years. labour doesn't know what it's doing, the Lib Debs are a dead parrot, so it's all to

Posted Images

It's going to be interesting times for UKIP, will they be as successful without the cult of personality that built up around Farage? Is there a candidate within UKIP that is as dynamic and charismatic as him? He's a master at appealing to a certain section of the electorate and I wonder if anyone will be able to fill his shoes.

I reckon Paul Nuttal will be persuaded to run, he's their best hope from what I can see. Even if he does look like Ade Edmondson :laugh:

Edited by BGD

IF Ukip get a very strong character as leader they could become Britains number two party over the next five years. labour doesn't know what it's doing, the Lib Debs are a dead parrot, so it's all to fight for. Paul Nuttal seems a good speaker.....UKIP has made some serious gains in the political arena and if the right person gets at the helm then the time is ripe to really push forward.... IMO.

• Like 2

IF Ukip get a very strong character as leader they could become Britains number two oparty over the next five years. labour doesn't know what it's doing, the Lib Debs are a dead parrot, so it's all to fight for. Paul Nuttal seems a good speaker.....ULIP has made some serious gains in the political arena and if the right person gets at the helm then the time is ripe to really push forward.... IMO.

I've been saying Nuttall could lead UKIP to great victories for years :yes: He's got that working class appeal that could do seriously well in old Labour strongholds with the right messaging

• Like 1

The ones you'd of expected Carswell,Reckless and Suzanne Evans who's suspended can't challenge due to not being with the party long enough.

Could Aaron Banks stand?

That was done on purpose, they're all rebels that want to take the party in a different direction to Farage's cronies ;)

Aaron Banks has talked about standing but I really think that sweaty little pig would be the death of UKIP. Can't see him having the broad appeal of someone like Nuttall. Best for him to stay behind the scenes IMO

The ones you'd of expected Carswell,Reckless and Suzanne Evans who's suspended can't challenge due to not being with the party long enough.

Could Aaron Banks stand?

That was done on purpose, they're all rebels that want to take the party in a different direction to Farage's cronies ;)

Aaron Banks has talked about standing but I really think that sweaty little pig would be the death of UKIP. Can't see him having the broad appeal of someone like Nuttall. Best for him to stay behind the scenes IMO

All these rules being brought in with Labour and now UKIP has fried my head lol.

It'll be nice to see somebody step out of Farages shadow and push the party on, with the way politics are at the moment there's a good chance to step in and gain some momentum. I'd like to see Nuttall stand but he's said he won't but then again Nige resigned once LOL

Edit Not a fan of Banks tbh just thought he might've gone for it.

Could Aaron Banks stand?

All these rules being brought in with Labour and now UKIP has fried my head lol.

It'll be nice to see somebody step out of Farages shadow and push the party on, with the way politics are at the moment there's a good chance to step in and gain some momentum. I'd like to see Nuttall stand but he's said he won't but then again Nige resigned once LOL

People are starting to care and get engaged with politics again so the establishment need to change the rules, can't have the people having too much power now can we ;)

Wouldn't be surprised to see a change of heart from Nuttall, wouldn't be the first person to deny they're standing only to change their mind...

• Like 1

Could Aaron Banks stand?

People are starting to care and get engaged with politics again so the establishment need to change the rules, can't have the people having too much power now can we ;)

Wouldn't be surprised to see a change of heart from Nuttall, wouldn't be the first person to deny they're standing only to change their mind...

I agree BGD, lots more people are getting involved and voicing their opinion on politics than ever before. This can only be a good thing IMO... I hope Nuttall stands.

• Like 2

Could Aaron Banks stand?

I agree BGD, lots more people are getting involved and voicing their opinion on politics than ever before. This can only be a good thing IMO... I hope Nuttall stands.

With UKIP and the referendum and what's going on with Corbyn and Labour the people are finding their voice again, no matter where on the political spectrum you are that's a good thing :yes:

• Like 3

You sound like a supporter or at least a potential supporter of ukip. I am curious what you think they could do to best improve British politics and the nation as a whole in their current position. This is not a loaded question or ambush I am genuinely interested in your honest opinion.

You sound like a supporter or at least a potential supporter of ukip. I am curious what you think they could do to best improve British politics and the nation as a whole in their current position. This is not a loaded question or ambush I am genuinely interested in your honest opinion.

You don't get to act all civil and expect me to have a discussion with you after the disgusting way you carried on the other day.

I'll happily discuss anything to do with politics with the decent men on here, not the lowlifes :thumbs:

• Like 1

How did I carry on? I only gave my honest opinion and that is all I will ever do. I really thought you could find a way to defend the folk of mt sisa. If you think I was accusing you of some foul act that is your own paranoia.