Working Salukis

If u intend to get a Lurcher for hunting u must learn how to kill and despatch quarry so maybe u would be better if finding someone on here to mentor u and maybe take u out and show u the correct procedures also gutting and preparing them also u would be better off with a bedlington whippet grey hound or a collie greyhound as perfect for hunting rabbits and that's where anyone one starting off should start . al the best in researching and buying a pup and hope it quenches your thirst for a Lurcher but be warned there addictive and one leads to 2 then kennels then there every where lol

You might be right about the mentoring thing. I was thinking about that. But you know, you don't just jump on an anonymous web site and say hi, my name is Kate B do you want to mentor me, do you? unless you ARE an idiot..... I know about addictive, and one day I'm planning to get somewhere with a tiny bit of a paddock and THAT will be the time to think of 2, or 3, or 4 .......! I do understand about the dispatching and killing because ..... do you think I AM an idiot? And meanwhile can some of you guys on here that actually DO have some respect and manners for the rest of humanity message the Chiuaua guy and tell him what an ar#^h*7l! he is? I wasn't ready for that. More fool me. And pics guy - haha. you must be kidding!
people are just having a bit of light hearted banter with you. The more you bite the worse it gets

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Kate, As you suggested, the best thing to do is to go to as many lurcher shows as you can, and talk to as many people as you can. Some will know nothing but tell you they do. Others, less forward,

I reckon Kate b has been on here before and has a sack bigger than you your will be playing conkers in the lay-bys

To the people who are slagging the OP off: just for once, stop your trolling. There are still genuine people out there who come on here looking for the information they so badly want. And if, just may

Posted Images

I've got multiple pictures of every dog I've had, going back to times long before digital cameras and the internet. If you had and loved that bitch for so long you'll have pictures of her. Stick a few up lass.

Of course I've got pics of her. I'm just not THAT great at technology. Trying to swap them onto my new laptop so I can post. And by the way, fella from west cork, darling. My bitch Sul came from a small place on the border between Galway and Clare and when I asked about the litter he told me he know they were good ones cos he'd thrown a rabbit in there and they'd ripped it right up. Whether that was true or not only god knows, but she was a good one to me. AND i got luck money.

Jesus I'm crying here just had to mop a fine rioja off the wall ?????

Firstly no-one is mousing with Chihuahuas. Secondly as said a saluki is defo not a dog for someone with a begginers knowledge. Thirdly again as said ask questions get to know a couple of people who will take you out and teach you fieldcraft/quarry knowledge etc (this is a must). Lastly go on stick a pic of your old dog up ;)

Jesus I'm crying here just had to mop a fine rioja off the wall

Firstly no-one is mousing with Chihuahuas. Secondly as said a saluki is defo not a dog for someone with a begginers knowledge. Thirdly again as said ask questions get to know a couple of people who will take you out and teach you fieldcraft/quarry knowledge etc (this is a must). Lastly go on stick a pic of your old dog up ;)

Dave my chihuahua finds and marks rabbits, always worked with turbo the lurcher

Jesus I'm crying here just had to mop a fine rioja off the wall

Dave my chihuahua finds and marks rabbits, always worked with turbo the lurcher

'Kin Dave ???????

Go on stic a pic of Dave hunting I'm genuinly curious :laugh:

Trying with the pics. And I get it. Some unknown female turns up on this site with stupid questions about dogs to you guys who all know each other and of course you take the piss. Actually, it's a gas and I don't really take offence. Just doing my bit to wind you guys up back. And I do understand about the field craft thing. But think about it .... if you were a woman and went on a macho site like this would you just say "oooh.. I know nothing about lamping or anything else. Anyone want to show me how?'. I mean, would you?!?

Anyway, glad to give you all a bit of a laugh on a wednesday evening. If anyone's got a REALLY hilarious comment to make, go right ahead and hit me with it. I'm stuck in a weird house in France with a broken down car and I could do with a giggle. xx

OK I've got a picture of Sul from my phone. Its not a good one- its the day before she died. She looks pretty thin and manky, poor old lady.Thing is, I can't see how to post a photo on this site. Any clues?