Fox Hunt 1914 Enjoy ?

Within a short time of that video the hunt staff , followers and masters and most of the horses would be facing the horror of the 1st world war. Alot of them will lie in foreign fields still.

• Like 7

Kinda have to wonder how good were the good old days?

Watch the huntsman right on his hounds heels, leaving them no space to check, same as he hits the wall top of the stone wall, jumping right in the middle of his pack.

Watch the doghounds standing and wont draw in.

This would have been the golden age in foxhunting, before fashion drove the foxhound to near ruin.

A lot to be said for hunting with a small unfashionable foot pack!

• Like 5

Watch the huntsman right on his hounds heels, leaving them no space to check, same as he hits the wall top of the stone wall, jumping right in the middle of his pack.

This would have been the golden age in foxhunting, before fashion drove the foxhound to near ruin.

I'd imagine most if not all of that film was staged? Every camera shot is from a static position, they can't even pan the camera and I'd imagine it was more important for everyone to get in on the historic film than concern themselves on that day with spoiling scent?

Enjoyable to watch and interesting to see the patterdale terrier one minute in.

Edited by Bryan
  • Like 3

I'd imagine most if not all of that film was staged? Every camera shot is from a static position, they can't even pan the camera and I'd imagine it was more important for everyone to get in on the historic film than concern themselves on that day with spoiling scent?

Enjoyable to watch and interesting to see the patterdale terrier one minute in.

I did notice the trees and the leaves on and off them :thumbs: ,i also recon it was staged in a lot of places or filmed over a season at least,but a cracking bit of film all the same and nice one for putting it up BB :victory: ..

good footage, well done bunnyboiler. irishfoxhunter obviously didnt enjoy it, i think its lovely to see old footage like that.

i know of a lot of footpacks that their doghounds wouldnt draw due to being bred too big and cumbersum.

and there is a lot to be said for a small unfashionable footpack but a lot of footpacks today are breeding for looks and size and forgetting about hunting ability.

when you see a pack with different sizes and hounds that would be too ugly to show then somebody is breeding for hunting.

• Like 1